Monitors...

- ask away
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by regler »

I like the 8040, not only the sound but this is a quality product, very very low amp hissing. this is something which I really don't like, many even high priced monitors have a quite good noticeable amp hiss and good transient response in the whole spectrum.

there are monitors with even bit less colouration out there, or better more natural mids, but for me it's near at personal taste. When I a/b them it was more like, yeah it's a bit better but nothing world changing. A audiophile jazz recoding engineer may weighting the things different, but even at this the genelcs are really ok imho.
squonqdm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by squonqdm »

@blm.. i'm not sure about the gens.... i have heard 2 pairs of diff ones in diff studio environments......

they sounded sparkly and hyped .. kind of like krk... lower end models i've heard everything sounds punchy and all that!! when i listen to same song on my speakers in my untreated room i hear brittleness/harshness in the top end and overall mix sounded not so amazing! not what you're looking for!

might be an idea to get a few pairs and try them at home. then take back the ones you dont like? ! i think some shops would do this.....

then you can see what works in your room..... basically as i see it.. small room, smaller speakers, bigger room bigger speakers.. as they sometimes need more space to be position and sometimes back from where you are..

:)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I have been searching for ages now to find a pair of the bm6a's but they are nowhere. everyone is telling me you can only get the mk2's now, which i have read bad reviews about. :(
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

So I just got back from Digital Village after listening to some monitors. I listened to a range of monitors, so I thought I would list some of the ones I liked just in case anyone else is wanting some information on monitors.

We started the listening process with a pair of Dynaudio BM6MK2's. I really liked these monitors, although they sounded a lot smaller then my Events the sound quality was really nice. The bass was punchy, the mid range was nice, but the high end seemed missing compared to what Im used too. Next up we put the Adam A7's on, we then turned them off straight away as their wasnt enough bass. We listened to the Adam AX8, which I thought sounded fantastic. However there was some sort of rattling or port noise when I was playing my deep techno stuff, so I shall be avoiding them (a big big shame) Next up the guy said to listen to these monitors called Acoustic Energy AE22. Now these monitors really sound fantastic, the mid and high end is fantastic and defo worth consideration when buying new monitors. Marc Ashken who posts on here came with me and said he is going to sell his Adam A7's and get a pair of these. Last we listened to the Focal Twins, just to see what it would be like if you were to spend 2k. WOW these monitors are insane.... If I could justify spending that sort of money on monitors I would. They have everything one would need from a monitor.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

any closer to making a decision lad?
x
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I went with the Dynaudio BM6a's in the end. I managed to find a guy selling them for £700 in Kings Cross so bought them second hand. Digital Village wanted £1500 for the pair, so was well happy when I got this guy down to £700.
Alex Bizzaro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alex Bizzaro »

good choise :D
let us know how it works
boudo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boudo »

FOSTEX PM-04

Good budget choice for a small home-studio?
Any other suggestions in the same price-range?