reason 5

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

tone-def wrote:it's not designed to do that, they have record for that kind of stuff or you could use rewire. live sampling is for recording drum hits that you can re-trigger with midi, chords and notes that you can then pitch up and down and resampling sounds from within reason.
In that respect it's probably ok then, I was more interested in what the kick drum thing in that Kong is like. Anyone know?

The resampling thing is kinds redundant for me as I just sample stuff right into Wavelab.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

AK wrote: The resampling thing is kinds redundant for me as I just sample stuff right into Wavelab.
but think about how much quicker it is to record straight into Reason's sampler. it cuts out opening Wavelab, recording, saving then loading it into Reason.
otomatix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by otomatix »

looking sweet.
just what I needed
(-)
otomatix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by otomatix »

got it, love it but, don't really use it, cause I re-sample in ableton :-/
Should have been possible from the beginning.

The octorex is sweet but needs a retrigger funcktion per sample imo

Didn't use kong uptill now, but I'll come back on it if I tested it.µ
TechnoMusic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TechnoMusic »

tone-def wrote:In that respect it's probably ok then, I was more interested in what the kick drum thing in that Kong is like. Anyone know?
The drum generators in Kong are all universally excellent as are the built in sound sculpting effects in Kong. You could spend a hell of along time in Kong designing drum kits that's for sure.
Visit my http://technomusicnews.com/ News & Minimal Techno Blog
otomatix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by otomatix »

I don't want you all to think I'm in the promoteam of reason, but have a listen at the kong patches made by Lekebusch and Beyer
I made just one midifile and than scrolled to their presets ans at the end a few house presets
No mastering is used so crank up the volume a bit

http://www.mediafire.com/?4viic1zsgv1sf97
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Are these made with the drum synthesis modules do you know, or are they made with samples?

Been interested in what the actual drum synth stuff sounds like but can't try the demo yet as I don't have my PC set up.
otomatix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by otomatix »

the largest part is made with the drums synthesis
I'm surprised by the sound of it and the new effects, but still need to get deeper into it.