hardware samplers

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Photek used 3 of these samplers to make Modus Operandi. best D&B album ever imo.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

tone-def wrote:Photek used 3 of these samplers to make Modus Operandi. best D&B album ever imo.
One of my favorites too tone. Form & Function wasn't too shabby either. I was listening to that album last night as a matter of fact (which reminds me I need a new stylus).
KryoShift
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KryoShift »

I'm looking at getting an E4XT Ultra myself just so I can author my own ROMs for my Proteus 2000. And I love E-Mu's Z-Plane stuff, tempted to pick up a Morpheus but want to try and hold out for an Ultraproteus.

Even if I don't use it as a sampler (I do have an Octatrack) being able to author ROMs for my ROMpler/synth is pretty awesome. :) Even if the flash ROMs sometimes cost as much as Kontakt :roll:
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

i ust surfed a little bit around mnml.nl and found this thread.

Well i`m using a old mpc2000xl with Cardreader 32mb and 8 outs. I won`t miss that machine!!

The sequencer is another thing. The sounds have a little more compression i think. I don`t the sound out of a Hardware sampler is not to compare with a software based sampler. For my opinion Abletons Simpler / Sampler are good with their GUI but the sound is sh!t. Logic EXS24 is very good and the Battery from NI. Hardware is Hardware and will be Hardware. I will buy a SP1200 this year. Why? Cause of their specific sound.

Most people will say , yes why its more the 20years old but they have little secrets i love.

peace