NI Maschine

- ask away
azek
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by azek »

I've been thinking about the maschiene for ages now ~ i can't buy it down to the spec. Annoying because i actually really wanted one :S
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Daemonix wrote: Ill put all the custom made Vermona sounds on it :D
sounds like a waste of a vermona to me
gosh
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gosh »

I had it for 3 weeks and sold it..I was testing it out to see if it would replace my MPC. It was great and I loved it and if I was working with just a laptop i'd have kept it for sure..great fun, intuitive and good sounding samples/effects..
However, my MPC forms the hub of my studio and sequences synths/other drum machines etc and for that Maschine was cr*p. To be fair to NI they've said its not meant to replace a MPC but I was curious to see as I got a v. good price and ended up selling Maschine for a 50quid profit 8)

For me the lack of proper midi implentation and prog/bank changes etc made it unusable for how I want to work. oh and my computer is pretty cr*p too which didn't help!

I've now got an MPC4000 (for the same price as I want to sell my 2500 with JJOS) and it kicks ass!

:)
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

tone-def wrote:
i dont think that! I generate the sounds there and then step-seq in the daw now.

tasos
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

do you mean using maschine to sequence the vermona? i thought you were going to sample the vermona and use the sounds in maschine.
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

tone-def wrote:do you mean using maschine to sequence the vermona? i thought you were going to sample the vermona and use the sounds in maschine.
both! at some point I also sample all the sounds I made (to save them). I also resample them.
After that maschine is perfect to step-seq them.

but also some time you cant get the exact sound from vermona (envelope) and re-sampling is super good.

tasos

EDIT: also CPU power for the vermona 8 channel processing is sometimes huge and you need to freeze something.
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

tone-def wrote:
Have you actually used a maschine? They are extremely sonically creative bits of kit.
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

Btw anyone mind sharing tips on making music with it?
How do you use it? Do you use more the step sequencer, or do you record your patterns live?

For me it's still used as some scratch pad, and i then get it all re-written in Live somehow. Tried the MIDI drag and drop, but it gets a bit too CPU heavy and complicated to setup.
I now have setup so that one kit is reserved to sending MIDI out to a nice kick drum plugin called Bazzism. The downside to that is that it eats up a whole group just for the kick...

Also very amazed by how simple kits and patterns like the chardonnet one sounds with only 16 sounds.... Really shows how simple things can be beautiful.

A bit of a confused post this seems :roll:
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk