DSI Tetra + Vermona DRM or Prophet 8 or Deopfer A100 ?

- ask away
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

huh?
tintin2085
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tintin2085 »

To be clear, I want really to add analogue in my 100% in the box setup. I don't like buying something that i must sell a few years later. So if I start a modular I want to have something good at the beginning. I want something that make fat basses. like a moog or a Studio electronics (can I expect that )and later add some modules for making more complex patches. So for the start I want a basic synth structure that make the fattest basses. And if I have the money for adding some more modules for making more different sounds (like chord styles sounds, drums...)
The Tetra take my interest because I can add more rapidly usable sounds. I have fear that if I start a modular i can't do so much sounds with a few modules like a Tetra for the same price.
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

buy this and it will give you all what you need for techno:

ps. the vst thing ain´t got nothing to do with the real one! 8)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

oblioblioblio wrote: I think keyboards held back the progression of electronic sounds, but that's just me.
i think putting a keyboard on a synth was the biggest innovation in electronic music.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

tone-def wrote:
oblioblioblio wrote: I think keyboards held back the progression of electronic sounds, but that's just me.
i think putting a keyboard on a synth was the biggest innovation in electronic music.
they had them from the start.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

steevio wrote:
tone-def wrote:
but without it i doubt as many musicians would have been interested.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

tone-def wrote:
steevio wrote:
tone-def wrote:
but without it i doubt as many musicians would have been interested.
i suppose it depends what you mean by electronic music, techno was probably more kickstarted by drum machines and keyboardless synths like the 303, and even the Atari ST, and the invention of midi.
the thing which distinguishes techno in a very broad sense for me is machine sequencing.
Last edited by steevio on Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

tintin2085 wrote:To be clear, I want really to add analogue in my 100% in the box setup. I don't like buying something that i must sell a few years later. So if I start a modular I want to have something good at the beginning. I want something that make fat basses. like a moog or a Studio electronics (can I expect that )and later add some modules for making more complex patches. So for the start I want a basic synth structure that make the fattest basses. And if I have the money for adding some more modules for making more different sounds (like chord styles sounds, drums...)
The Tetra take my interest because I can add more rapidly usable sounds. I have fear that if I start a modular i can't do so much sounds with a few modules like a Tetra for the same price.
i think you are probably looking into modular for the wrong reasons mate, if your main focus is fat bass, there are countless ways to achieve that which are way less expensive.
you've got to be starting a modular because you want to work in a modular way.
you could get a fat moogy bass with 3 or 4 modules, but you've also got to buy a case, power supply, bussboards etc, theres no point in laying out that cash unless you are going to utilise its potential, but i dont want to put you off.
the problem is that if you want to expand in the future, you need to buy a big enough case, and they arent cheap.
one thing i will say about almost all the modules ive bought, they sound awesome. i dont think you need to worry about that side of things, the quality is unquestionable in most cases.

i think someone mentioned the Doepfer Dark energy, that would do what you want all in one box much more cheaply.

i'm not sure the DSI synths are what you're looking for, i dont find the bass on my Prophet08 particularly fat, and you can only get into deep programming on the Tetra with an editor, which IMO defeats the object of an analogue synth.