mbase 11

- ask away
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

just checked some stuff of skudge on youtube sounds good, vermona seems nice but i think i'll just stick to mbase seen as its cheaper.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

£170 from Thomann. I have always used sample kicks from various packs, so I am really interested how this is going to pan out for me.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

it'll eat yer sampled kicks for breakfast
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

::BLM:: wrote:I just ordered the Mbase. The video does look cool of the Kick Lancet, but my my friend said he used it but didnt like it. He said it sounded like thin 606 kick. He makes music under the name of Skudge if you want to check out kicks that he did with the Mbase.
They actually played here in Geneva this summer for the Overground Festival (http://www.overgroundfestival.ch), the first 100% hardware live i ever saw. They only had 909, a Future revolution, a Doefer MIDI sequencer, and a sampler.
They didn't have a Kick Lancet, but they were rocking the Mono Lancet, and that one sounded very good.
While they were playing, it seemed though as if all the lowend was played off a sampler (BOSS SP404), so i was wondering if the kicks they had came from the 909, as they didn't sound really like 909.
I was very much thinking of grabbing one of those Mbase too, after I upgrade my computer. Seems like a good option :)
If you ever catch them, tell the very tall one who's name i've now forgotten i say hi.
Curious to hear about how you'll like your new purchase too, if you have some time for a little review ;)

I'm in love with their work.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I just asked him for you:

all kicks is always from the 909
and hi hats klaps are mixed
from our sampler
but we use future retro XS
not the one he wrote
XS is a modern MS20
semi modular
very good
but now we use another sampler also instead
909 sounds always best out
used the Mbase live once
but didnt sound as PHAT as the 909 at all

We use in fact Doepfer MAQ 16/3 sequencer (which is CV and MIDI) and Future Retro XS, Vermona Mono Lancet, Tr 909, boss RE-20 (simulated tape delay), EHX Holy Grail spring reverb,Korg Electribe ESX1SD And a compressor on the master out to get the sound phat and more compact.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

Thx!!!
That made my morning :). What I loved about their live was how much unified it sounded yet very diverse. They are a great showcase you can make loads of tracks with very little gear. Can't wait to see them again live.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

909 sounds always best out
used the Mbase live once
but didnt sound as PHAT as the 909 at all
dont let that put you off though, its true, there just isnt anything as phat as a 909, but ive done comparative tests with my 909 and the mbase, and at the same peak (and RMS), the mbase sounds WAY louder than the 909, as long as you spend time setting it up right.
ok it doesnt sound like a 909, but its plenty phat and massively loud.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

My Mbase should be here tomorrow :D