NI Maschine

- ask away
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

with all these posts I think I'll add the Maschine on my shoplist... I have always worked purely with Logic and NI komplete with no controllers, but lately been getting the urge to work more with a controller so...

First throw my X1 Kontroller on ebay ;)
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

PsyTox wrote:with all these posts I think I'll add the Maschine on my shoplist... I have always worked purely with Logic and NI komplete with no controllers, but lately been getting the urge to work more with a controller so...

First throw my X1 Kontroller on ebay ;)
You really should get it ;) making music with it really is much much fun. I'd even say as fun as with a MachineDrum ;)
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

with all the airlines thing I have to wait for my order more.
thomann has a good price but its in germany :D
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Minimal Samples wrote:
tone-def wrote:
Daemonix wrote: Ill put all the custom made Vermona sounds on it :D
sounds like a waste of a vermona to me
Have you actually used a maschine? They are extremely sonically creative bits of kit.
yes they look good but i wouldn't use samples of analog gear when i have the machine (vermona) sitting next to me. sampling analog gear makes it static. you loose all the fluctuations that make analog sound more organic.
dahlailama
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dahlailama »

Here is a nice documented example for drag and drop midi from maschine into live and use maschines effects. - Check :roll:
imac 24", macbook pro 15", ableton suite 8, minimoog voyager rme, virus ti snow, m4l, max/msp/jitter, apc40, kp3, launchpad, remote 25sl, maschine, 307, mikrokorg, komplete 6, motu ultralite mkiii, audio dj8, yamaha hs80

www.myspace.com/dahlailama
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

tone-def wrote:
Minimal Samples wrote:
tone-def wrote:
Daemonix wrote: Ill put all the custom made Vermona sounds on it :D
sounds like a waste of a vermona to me
Have you actually used a maschine? They are extremely sonically creative bits of kit.
yes they look good but i wouldn't use samples of analog gear when i have the machine (vermona) sitting next to me. sampling analog gear makes it static. you loose all the fluctuations that make analog sound more organic.
So just add some more tone changes using fx and lfos. Its not that hard :)
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

what about cpu?!

I read on ableton forum that on a mbp 2.16 the cpu usage in minimal. but at the NI forum I read that it takes a lot of cpu!!

I have a mb-unib and a mbp @ 2.4gh/4g ram. what do you think about standalone and vst/au in Live 8?

thnx
tasos
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

I'm running it mostly standalone on a 2.1ghz dual core with 4gb of ram and am not having any issues.
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog