what can i use to download music ?

- music
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

Making music isn't hard work? Really? I'm sure myself and plenty others who've spent years not to mention a decent bit of cash on learning how to make music, acquiring the right tools, and very slowly getting better at something that really is quite difficult... then finding the time to do it on top of a full time job and/or studies would disagree with that.

And the "why buy when it's available for free" argument just shows a lack of respect for the scene, and morals and value in general. I think that if someone makes great music, or writes a great book, or anything else, they deserve to be paid for it. Like someone said earlier, when you go to work for your boss you expect payment in return. Just because it's art and the maker enjoys working on it, doesn't mean they don't deserve compensation for it. What about DJs, should they not get paid either?

As for "if you're not using it professionally/in other words making money with it, why bother spending money on it" argument (which funnily enough I also see applied to software a lot) is quite frankly ridiculous, I'm not even gonna bother expending energy on that one.

I guess that's just life these days, people expect everything for free...
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

People will download music for free, simply because they can. It's so simple. It's a lot harder to dig in your pocket for something than to click the mouse. When

As for the morality behind it... that's a whole other question
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

PsyTox wrote: Unfortunately, downloads skim just enough off our revenue to keep us from reaching that 'next level' and that's just unfortunate.
can you qualify that statement...? how do you know that to be a fact?
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

doublepost :(
Last edited by roland on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

Ciaran_ wrote:People will download music for free, simply because they can. It's so simple. It's a lot harder to dig in your pocket for something than to click the mouse. When

As for the morality behind it... that's a whole other question
totally agree!! and the morality question is seriously a whole other question cause you can't expect morality from consumers when companies are nonstop fucking and enslaving humans...
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

Themis wrote:Image
:lol: would be more applicable if i listened to generic rap or pop
- matt
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

muftufu wrote:i buy my music (some of it) i was trying to say that some producers don't deserve the money they are doing but things got out of control at some point
how can anybody say who deserves what?