Roland SH 101 repair question??

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

^^ played on one not so long ago. lovely synth. I have never played on the 101 though so cant compare.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

AK wrote:How does that Spectral Audio 2 fair up as an alternative to the 101? I haven't really hear much of it but I have heard people say it's a decent synth, esp for the money. ( analog of course )
it was the best bang for buck new analogue synth out there. but with our weak pound it's now in the same price range as the 101.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I havent seen that, do you mean the new inflated 101 prices?

Im still waiting for a house sale before I invest in my new studio but I was looking at this as something I might get. Theres no way Im paying the silly prices that the 101's are now roumered to fetch. Im gonna be splashing out but Im not stupid.
The Waldorf Pulse is one synth I would have got again to do the stuff Id have got a 101 for (mainly bass duties) but obviously its not a 101 soundalike, its just a quality synth in its own right. Since looking at the neptune 2, its more of a potential pulse competitor with more hands on control. Couldnt find a great deal on youtube but I kinda like it.
Anyway, anyone ever used or even seen an sh-2? They seem to be rarer than rocking horse sh!t but appear cool on paper. The 101 seems to have developed an almost iconic status, which means some other stuff that might offer a lot goes unnoticed. I didnt know much about the sh-2.
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

the MC 202 is almost identical to the 101. the SH series has many sibling models

http://www.sequencer.de/roland/roland_S ... sizer.html i'd go for one of these other versions, especially if they are cheaper than the 101
JayRP
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JayRP »

dude, AK

ive been wanting an SH 2 for the longest! moreso than i wanted a 101. i kinda want to use other gear most ppl dont, so for the longest using a 101 didnt rly interest me but the SH 2 did. but as you said, they seem to be super rare, ive only ever seen maybe one or two of them on ebay at a time and they almost always end up going for about the same or even more money than 101s do! :roll: