[TR026] Baby Ford - Mystery Falls

- wax
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: [TR026] Baby Ford - Mystery Falls

Post by Themis »

i think you should better explain what you mean riddler.. i think nobody understands
im not into collecting music that long, i definitely bought lots of tracks that sampled other tracks, sometimes legally sometimes illegally
i have to say i never even came across a track that just is released a second time under another producers name, so this is a first for me.

so if the question you want to ask is, if i care (assumed i like the track)

i would check if its indeed the same track, for example if they attempted to re-licence it but labeled the track just wrong on the vinyl (not saying that did happen here). under that circumstances i wouldnt care and buy it.

if baby ford attempted to imitate it, which means its not exactly the same, i would check out if there are differences, if there are no differences, or not big enough differences, like he did a near exact copy, i would buy the old original track, cause thats definitely a dck move, and i dont see the sense in recreating a track perfectly and selling it under your name.

if there are enough differences so that i would say i like baby fords version more, i would buy his version. cause music i like trumps always copyright for me.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

dirddey_iddler wrote:
John Clees wrote: it's the exact same track, and one was release a long time ago..
Can you prove it?
historical timeline copyright. I think that's a very conservative, safe bet, it wins. One is a time stamped physical release the other is hearsay or speculative.

are you proposing Stefan took a sample loop from peter, then released it, peter waits over a decade, the releases his own track? I think the ghost writter varible is a more realistic answer than that, however In the response if that was a variable, it would seem to make sense it would be mentioned, which it wasnt.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

blizt wrote:
John Clees wrote:all the years of hard work only to end up as someone who would do something like this. very disheartening still hard to believe.
The answer he gave to breton still don't assure anything until we hear both parts. There more I listen the track, the more I'm convinced it's from BF, just listen the chords, the atmosphere and the perc. It's gotten his name written all over it. And the track is being released on trelik, it's not like he sneaked the release on label that's under the radar. Listen to this, it's on the same ballpark:

just speculation of course, as was your perception as well. I'm going to say I have to disagree. The original has a direct, clear, soft, and very specific string frequency as in direct from the source. The track you posted sounds like heavy reverb and effects on top of the strings which makes the melody sound thin, muddy, and diluted vs. the original. Kinda sounds more like a plugin to me.
OCH
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by OCH »

OK so I just spoke to Peter Ford about this he's saying that:

There was some mystery over the parts on an old DAT – hence the name of the track but the situation is in the process of being remedied with all concerned and the forthcoming repress will contain the correct artist credit.

Peter’s exact words - "Lesson learnt here – always label your DAT’s correctly"

that's all the info I have,

Good weekend to all :)

OCH.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

@OCH That's good to know. Thanks, mate!
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

thanks OCH !

damn so this story ended fast ..
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

OCH wrote:OK so I just spoke to Peter Ford about this he's saying that:

There was some mystery over the parts on an old DAT – hence the name of the track but the situation is in the process of being remedied with all concerned and the forthcoming repress will contain the correct artist credit.

Peter’s exact words - "Lesson learnt here – always label your DAT’s correctly"

that's all the info I have,

Good weekend to all :)

OCH.
Clapshot
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Clapshot »

Ok so basically he forgot that he did not produce this track or what? hmmmm….