what can i use to download music ?

- music
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

juhokusti wrote:
muftufu wrote:i buy my music (some of it) i was trying to say that some producers don't deserve the money they are doing but things got out of control at some point
how can anybody say who deserves what?
what`s your point?? sounds like you wanna tell us that only jesus can say who deserves what. :?
he is just giving opinion like when i say obama doesn't deserve the nobel peace price.. giving opinion is by the way the purpose of boards like this..
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

roland wrote:
juhokusti wrote:
muftufu wrote:i buy my music (some of it) i was trying to say that some producers don't deserve the money they are doing but things got out of control at some point
how can anybody say who deserves what?
what`s your point?? sounds like you wanna tell us that only jesus can say who deserves what. :?
he is just giving opinion like when i say obama doesn't deserve the nobel peace price.. giving opinion is by the way the purpose of boards like this..
my point was that it is really arrogant to start up being a fascist about what some people deserve and others don't. be it an opinion or not.
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

muftufu wrote:if i rant about it doesnt stop them from making money
so true.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

to think about who deserves what is a daily thought for many people.

my boss thinks about how much money i deserve for my work.
some politicians think about how much money a single parent deserves.
i think about what my cleaning lady deserves for one hour work every week.

the problem is we cant measure the worth of work.

why does a man or woman who does hard work on a construction site, get very little.
and some online stock trader millions, for sitting in front of a computer.

its not in the least fair, we try to make it fair but it cant be accomplished in our current system.

its all about what work is, there is no definition for work.

a hundred years ago they would have laughed at the most of our jobs, which today we call work. back then work was to to farm the land, not picking up the phone.

and in 20 years maybe making music on a computer is also perceived by the most people as work.

its changing.
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

::BLM:: wrote:Because if they cared about the scene they would. I know people that get paid to dj out but they download all their music for free. Dont you think this is a piss take? You need to put money back into the system so it stays healthly.

Its interesting if you think about it. If there was no money at all involved in record sales, would it still be the same?
i d/l and pirate, but i will never dj a track out if i did not pay for it at some point. this is a great means of "filtering" my crate anyway. most of my dj'ing tracks are edits or remixes of things i can find in flac that i've prepared, or they are creative commons.

plus the sh!t i d/l is not even prepared for dj'ing, it's low bitrate, the ID3 tags aren't properly formatted, etc. this is why i have no remorse. my need for music is so vast, so ravenous, that if i were to pay for everything i listen to, i'd have nothing to eat. half of the newer vinyl in my collection were things i had illegally d/l'ed at some point. killing joke, portable, somfay would never have a dime of my money if i hadn't "stolen" their music and realized i cannot live without it on vinyl.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Morality... what's all that about? -frown 2
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

pafufta816 wrote:my need for music is so vast, so ravenous, that if i were to pay for everything i listen to, i'd have nothing to eat.
Can't you just listen to DJ mixes? Why do you need the original if it's not for spinning?
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

with more freedom to choose comes more responsibility.
you can choose for a lot (not all as the cratediggers know) music if you want it for free or pay for it.
so thats the new freedom. but if you just take without giving than the system/scene collapses...only some big names in the end-of-the-year polls get paid and the rest can see if they can make some tunes in their sparetime...
thats what the new breed of consumers have to understand. if you want good music you have to support it sooner or later. or else you are just a parasite but even parasites arent so stupid to kill their host...

and this stupid excuses like "i help the artist to get known because i download it for free..." buar, so silly....
and those downloaders forget that filesharing hosts have reward systems. so the uploaders earns for example 20 euros for 1000 downloads for something the uploader didnt create. so those downloaders support some jerk (there are really people trying to make money with that) instead of the artist (oh yeah i forgot..the promotion)...

if you want to do promotion than look at the feel my bicep blog. they do cratedigging. find special cool stuff. write about it and promote it that way.
and not put some illegal downloaded files in an ableton set and annoy every facebook/soundcloud contact you have with "listen to my cool sh!t" spam.
techno made me do it