DSI Tetra + Vermona DRM or Prophet 8 or Deopfer A100 ?

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Rookas wrote:i think the guy doesnt know what he wants, either he wants to be cool and have modular or i dont know ...
i offered semi modular ir has everything he wants and it doesnt fit his needs, because he just doesnt know anything about them.. sorry to be like this but IMHO stop and wait for atleast a year before buying anything
youre right about the semi-modular, but its not for everybody.

i considered buying a semi-modular MFB, but i'm really glad i didnt now, because i can see how semi-modular has its limitations, and if you're thinking of playing live, the last thing you need to do is patch up at the gig,
my modular is all in one flightcase, which means you patch it up the way you want it, then put the lid on and its ready for the gig. if you have three or four bits of kit which are seperate and need to be patched up at the gig, you are almost guaranteed to make a mistake especially if you're in a small dark DJ booth with only 20 minutes to set up.

i took everything into consideration and decided semi-modular wasnt the answer for me. i dont know why you think it would be anything to do with trying to be cool.
and why wait to do anything ? we might all be dead in a years time. :)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

deccard wrote:the mfb semi modulars have the same moduls they sell for their modular system. only put in a case with some hardwiring. just for the peeps who might be interested in an mfb.
i was also thinking about to start a small modular system. my basic setup would have costed about 450,- euro with case, powersupply and the dark energy modul. the dark energy makes some nice basses. only one osc but it sounds good. but also a matter of taste. some people prefer the mfb sound for example in that pricerange. the point for me for starting with the dark energy module is that you can use it right out of the box.
this setup is just a bit more expensive than buying a dark energy synth.
also ineresting will be the mfb semi modular bass synth. its the competitor for the dark energy but with 2 osc and multifilter and a bit cheaper than the dark energy.
it is a matter of taste, personally i dont really like the sound of my MFB Osc-02, its my least used VCO, it sounds weak and thin next to my other VCOs, and yet alot of other people like it.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

nakoradiomies wrote:buy this and it will give you all what you need for techno:

ps. the vst thing ain´t got nothing to do with the real one! 8)
Now you're fukin' talkin'! If you're going to go analog don't bullshit around. A Mono/Poly is a monster.
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

Now you're fukin' talkin'! If you're going to go analog don't bullshit around. A Mono/Poly is a monster.
yeah it´s just soo freaking badmf synth..my friend has one and we have done allmost all our morphology tracks with m/p and ms-20..together they are such lovely combo<3 :)
tintin2085
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tintin2085 »

Rookas wrote:i think the guy doesnt know what he wants, either he wants to be cool and have modular or i dont know ...
i offered semi modular ir has everything he wants and it doesnt fit his needs, because he just doesnt know anything about them.. sorry to be like this but IMHO stop and wait for atleast a year before buying anything
Sorry Rookas, but i'm not this kind of guy. I don't buy modular because the hype is on it actually or something like that. If I buy a modular it's for having endless possibilities with one stuff and don't having 20 synths and drummachines in my room and that i must sell in the future because some stuffs doesn't answer anymore on my needs.
If I buy a modular it's for building it around and you can updtate it for very cheap comparing of buying a total new synth or drummachine.And by the way i'm not a preset fan :)