what can i use to download music ?

- music
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

deccard wrote:with more freedom to choose comes more responsibility.
so true.. reminded me of this

pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

trak660 wrote:
pafufta816 wrote:my need for music is so vast, so ravenous, that if i were to pay for everything i listen to, i'd have nothing to eat.
Can't you just listen to DJ mixes? Why do you need the original if it's not for spinning?
oh no i need the whole the song. i much prefer tracks over podcasts/djmixes
daniellesniewski
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by daniellesniewski »

lol i love how this topic has gone all philosophical. not complaining, its good, 'healthy' almost

it's been said before in this topic that people who buy music tend to care about it a lot more. just to add to that, its a healthy and natural form of elimination really. to get started as a dj you need to spend A LOT of money, and it doesn't get easier. then you have to find a way to afford your music because, well, you can't rele get away with playing crap sound files on a massive system. im a student and have f all cash anyway, i would looooooooooooveeeee to be able to save a bit more on music by any means necessary, even downloading illegally. that way i'd at least be able to go edm nights more frequently. but unfortunately, i have to suffer to have a passion. im not complaining tho, in fact, i accept it; its a passion, i need it. i don't think a half-assed crap dj would consider this. (.....hehe well to be fair im not exactly established at all) more likely, he'll get past obstacle one and decide to spin easily (and illegally) downloadable tracks just for the ego boost of being a dj. paying for music (which in turns decreases its availability) creates room for 'underground' music. wouldn't you hate it if everyone knew about the music that you keep to yourself anyway?

i buy all my music now, its just habit and second nature. when i buy my music though, i can't say that paying for the artists work is a primary motive. i buy it for me at the end of the day; belittling people who don't buy their music isn't a constructive approach to the issue imo

my 2 cents
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

No way I'm reading this whole thread, but here's my take.

You're asking where you can download music on a techno forum, so I can only assume you want house and techno. It's $1.89 per 320 kbps track on Juno and less per track if you buy the whole album.

As a whole, our community seems to be very supportive of each other. Stealing music that is made by people in their bedrooms or very modest studio's is a shame and you should be embarrassed that you even asked that question.

Support the artists making this music. You'll be glad you did.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Also, the poor college student line is a fucking joke. I bought vinyl every week in college. I used to wake up at 6:00 am, drive in rush hour traffic to get to class at 8:00 am and worked after class until 9:00 pm to get home at 10:00 pm. I worked 32 hours a week and went to class full time Monday thru Friday.

mp3's are cheap and you can pick and choose which track without buying a whole release. There's no reason to steal. Getting started as dj is easier than any other time in history.
daniellesniewski
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by daniellesniewski »

did u take ure studies seriously? im learning Russian, its not like any other subject where u can pick up a book 2 weeks before an exam and still nail it. i don't have the time to find a job either. its my final year at uni and i want to do well in it. i buy my music legally, u may have overlooked that when reading my post; but i can't wait until im in a financially stable position to be able to afford more music + going out etc. and just because u managed to somehow afford vinyl doesn't mean everybody else in the world can. i can UNDERSTAND why people download illegally, whether i sympathise with them is a different matter

as for getting started as a dj.......... are you made of money?!?!?!?!? you need at least £750+ to get started, and im not counting the cost of purchasing music. the technology that we have today makes it easier to get started as a dj, but the prices are still a massive deterrent.

anyway, the best artists concern themselves more with the quality of their music, not how much money they are making. i bet most artists break even when producing (most probably lose out on cash when producing), and only earn their cash when playing in clubs. i didn't buy any of my dj equipment expecting to make a return on it (in terms of cash). i bought them for my own enjoyment

so please, be a little more considerate
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

To all the people who downloa dmusic for FREE - Questions???

Post by spage »

I tend to mainly buy my music that I use to DJ with from places like Beatport etc because I want the highest quality possible. On the occassion I have looked via google or filestube etc I cannot ever seem to find the music I want. For example "Drum Fix" by Sean Collier on Incorrect Music.

I am wondering if the people that download music aren't actually interested in anything specific, they just search out some "techno" and then downlaod what they can find. OR they're just interested in the latest chart compilations or latest artist albums that are popular.

Basically I am asking the free downloaders on this thread do you DL specific music that you are searching for?

I also want to challenge you to find the above track and downalod it for free to prove if it is as easy as you reckon to download music.

I think this would be interesting to see as I have had this debate with some of my mates and they're all about downloading music for free yet when I ask them to find a specific track they cannot find it out there. So really, OK, you are getting free music but are you ACTUALLY GETTING THE MUSIC YOU REALLY WANT???

Please anwer to le tme know, I am interested