808 clone (work in progress)

- ask away
robert lowell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by robert lowell »

in case anyones interested. there are still spots available for pcbs & rare parts for this 808 clone project.

send an email with the title "Project8" to smeffasystems@gmail.com to get yourself on the list.

ps. this is not me this is someone else, just to make that clear.
PatStormont
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by PatStormont »

robert lowell wrote:
ps. this is not me this is someone else, just to make that clear.
Should have read down that far before I sent the email. :?

Any idea how much it will cost for the pcbs and rare parts? I couldn't find this info on the thread at ladyada.
robert lowell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by robert lowell »

estimated overall cost to build around $500 - $600. about half of what a real 808 costs on ebay. unlike the original its all new parts with mods & effects built in, midi & usb connectivity. not sure how much for pcbs & rares alone yet though.
BobStock
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BobStock »

"off topic"
I like your sound Robert nice and deep (synch Issues). Made with your 808 clone?
robert lowell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by robert lowell »

Minimiser wrote:"off topic"
I like your sound Robert nice and deep (synch Issues). Made with your 808 clone?
thanks, thats actually a 909 & a 303 clone. i am still waiting for my pcbs for the 808, end of the month i've been told.
robert lowell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by robert lowell »

its a long shot but here i go... is there anyone out there who's got an original 808 that could give me a rough sketch of the profile view. i have changed up the original case to something that looks more like the 808 and less like the 909. the dimensions and angles are all i really need. something similar to this drawing below...

your help would be much appreciated.

thanks.
BobStock
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BobStock »

I send u a pm! I bought one a week ago! Perfect condition! Oh I love my 808 it is my first child :)
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

Minimiser wrote:I send u a pm! I bought one a week ago! Perfect condition! Oh I love my 808 it is my first child :)
i wish i had an 808! Could you answer a question for me? What sounds off the 808 are analogue?