yeay macbook pro!

- open
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

no they didn't. my girlfriend got one a month ago, it would restart erratically, a few times a day due to a hardware kernel panic. she traded it for a new one and now her speakers don't work since the computer won't recognize the speakers as an output. she does have ghastly luck with technology though so you will probably be fine.
lil' jerk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lil' jerk »

Mine causes me to get work done sooner and more effeciently... sometimes it makes me feel relieved and calm too...
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

provaznik wrote:no they didn't. my girlfriend got one a month ago, it would restart erratically, a few times a day due to a hardware kernel panic. she traded it for a new one and now her speakers don't work since the computer won't recognize the speakers as an output. she does have ghastly luck with technology though so you will probably be fine.
That's odd. Sounds like OS/software problem rather than hardware though..

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
TiEZ
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TiEZ »

provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

nope it was most definetly hardware. we did numerous clean reinstalls of the os and nothing changed.
mattt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mattt »

my macbook crashed w/ a kernel panic the day i got it ... the result of me plugging some headphones into the headphones jack. :) fortunately that hasn't happened since.

it's a cool little laptop, but it gets way too hot ... especially in this summer heat. i would probably think twice if i had the chance to buy it again. i'm not that keen on the keyboard keys either ... much prefer the ones on the ibook. i don't regret the purchase, but i do think it has some serious flaws.
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by ganik »

i still prefer powerbook rather then macbook....for now
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

mattt wrote:my macbook crashed w/ a kernel panic the day i got it ... the result of me plugging some headphones into the headphones jack. :) fortunately that hasn't happened since.

it's a cool little laptop, but it gets way too hot ... especially in this summer heat. i would probably think twice if i had the chance to buy it again. i'm not that keen on the keyboard keys either ... much prefer the ones on the ibook. i don't regret the purchase, but i do think it has some serious flaws.
Do you have macbook or macbook pro?

Also, the heat thing has a fix... just google it

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "