how do you support your favorite artists?

- open
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

support their gigs. I would like it if electronic music moved completely away from relying financially on media transfer (physical or digital) and more towards performances. Isnt this how musicians made money before records?
freeeeeee
mayzee
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mayzee »

I try and see then play whenever I can... and I always try and say thanks to them afterwards... its always good to know someones enjoyed what you've done...

and yeah, buy the tunes, d/l the mixes and rant at my friends about them...

now I'm online a bit more at home I'd like to sign up to a few more mailing lists too :)
Silky
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Silky »

buy buying there records and listening to sets
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Der geile Ami wrote:support their gigs. I would like it if electronic music moved completely away from relying financially on media transfer (physical or digital) and more towards performances. Isnt this how musicians made money before records?
Yeah but it happens so much that you get f*cked by a promoter and don't get paid or go through a hell-experience... I think the best balance is a mix of getting some money from music sales with gigs. Not one or the other.
Bn1
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bn1 »

Buying their records and playing them and generally blathering about them if someone comes up to inquire "hey that sounds good"..

I buy the odd t-shirt from various labels that do them but no idea if this actually helps the artist out financially at all or not.
Medik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Medik »

i support the artists i love, when i speak with others...
i only talk about music with my best friends and other musiclovers and so i talk with much love and a eye of the details in their tracks. I only can talk about my opinion...
if they are intested in the tracks i talk about, i`ll show them and perhaps they would give the aritsts a better reputation or buy it... that`s all i can do...
when i make tracks, the best thing is to hear personally it`s good or not...

so, go jay... i love your music... all i could say... :wink:
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

df wrote:i buy their releases and go to the parties where they perform...
plus i do more than leeching on this board... if i like a set, i'll give them a compliment... what more can i do? mow their lawn? :)
well of course u could suck their dck but i suppose they wouldn't like it daniiel
whatever
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by whatever »

talking & writing about them, trying to persuade people to listen to their sets/relases.