mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nathan_fr »

dr alban = hertz :shock:

you got other examples ?
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: techno artists making hip hop and pop?

Post by plaster »

peter glitch and crackle wrote:what do you guys think of minimal techno and house artists making different styles of music? we all know of one guys recent try and hip hop, and the result was horrible. we also know of another guy who made a pop album this year that was really horrible.
is it because everyone tells them they make good house and techno that they think they can do it all? and, is there an artist in minimal music who really can make it in the big world of music?
If you are serious enuff about music, you'll come to a stage where dance music becomes rather dull to your expression. I find it like a natural progress, otherwise it would feel like shackles. The key point is to expand, weather musically or intellectually. Why do people go from one relationship to another, surerly not just because they are trying to find the right person as many believe, but to grow. It's the same thing with music, you NEED to draw as much stylistic tangents as possible to attain a certain level of skill and insight. Now, if you ever wondered why so many techno music is the same nowadays, it's because producers don't have a clue about anything. They go to parties listening to techno, come at home listening to techno, go to sleep listening to techno. No wonder their music is boring and carbon copied! It's all about diversity, nature is ever changing, so are styles and tastes. It has to circulate. When you find out what a kick on your perspective and creativity making drum'n'bass or pop has, you'll never stick to one style. It's amazing how much insight can that have upon you. Whenever i feel stuck i go and make either noise, d'n'b, breakbeat or just piano compositions. You should try it. Grow, blossom, don't just be a seed.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
smith
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: techno artists making hip hop and pop?

Post by smith »

plaster wrote:Now, if you ever wondered why so many techno music is the same nowadays, it's because producers don't have a clue about anything. They go to parties listening to techno, come at home listening to techno, go to sleep listening to techno. No wonder their music is boring and carbon copied!
<nods>
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

I have some side projects but they're more to get some money input. I don't want to do anything commercial though and try to remain anonymous.

I really agree with Thomas regarding the necessity to do something else at some point. It's very much about self expression.
peter glitch and crackle
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by peter glitch and crackle »

thanks for the input. i am sorry if the remarks seem harsh, of course i only do that for chat board style, you know exaggerate a little. i am just really curious to see someone come out of minimal techno and blow some minds in a broad sense. almost like it would make me believe in the genre a bit more. i dont want to believe that this genre in which i cherish is totally musically retarded. i guess to this point i havent heard an artist i watch over the last 10 years really go to the next level in a real sense of the word. its a new year coming! i keep my fingers crosses it happens soon
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

nathan_fr wrote:dr alban = hertz :shock:
U sure about dis?
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

hertz has only produced one or two tracks for dr alban, so it's not true
however he did a lot of eurohouse/eurodance singles & remixes in the 90'ies that surely paid the bills back then.
dr alban was mainly produced by denniz pop (RIP).

and 1st post is bullshit. you do know that taste is a subjective matter?
i happen to like that hip-hop project for example.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

pop hip hop boh. if its real underground hip hop with some funky soul, thats biz.