Detroit and spaces Synths

- ask away
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

plaster wrote:
New Guy wrote: Unpolite version:

The only synth that can make that sound is Native Instruments Absynth, it's worth investing money in it because it will make your tracks sound detroitish, that is if you want that.
Now with thinner you would have to buy FM8 because thats the only synth that can make Thinner sounds.

Minimonsta can only make old school analogue sounds and shitty outdated 80s synth sounds. The korg isnt bad but cmon, it doesnt have that detroit preset in it's a pile of sht aswell.
So i suggest buying the Native Instruments product because those are the only products capable of making the souds that you are searching for.
I hope you have alot of money because you will need to buy alot of synths, because no synth can make the same sounds.
But the more you spend the more you will get back so invest my friend, invest!
And btw an insider tip, if you want cool mnml synth sounds buy the MNML synth, it can make gaiser drums, minilogue bass, whignomy synths and lots cool features that only this synth has!

Nonsence!
Name a synth that can reproduce the Gaiser drum sounds, other than the MNML synth.
Cmon!
I dare you!
:lol:
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

New Guy wrote:
plaster wrote:
New Guy wrote: Unpolite version:

The only synth that can make that sound is Native Instruments Absynth, it's worth investing money in it because it will make your tracks sound detroitish, that is if you want that.
Now with thinner you would have to buy FM8 because thats the only synth that can make Thinner sounds.

Minimonsta can only make old school analogue sounds and shitty outdated 80s synth sounds. The korg isnt bad but cmon, it doesnt have that detroit preset in it's a pile of sht aswell.
So i suggest buying the Native Instruments product because those are the only products capable of making the souds that you are searching for.
I hope you have alot of money because you will need to buy alot of synths, because no synth can make the same sounds.
But the more you spend the more you will get back so invest my friend, invest!
And btw an insider tip, if you want cool mnml synth sounds buy the MNML synth, it can make gaiser drums, minilogue bass, whignomy synths and lots cool features that only this synth has!

Nonsence!
Name a synth that can reproduce the Gaiser drum sounds, other than the MNML synth.
Cmon!
I dare you!

It's called an 808 drum machine by Roland with grain delay fx on top. :wink:
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
jpls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jpls »

plaster wrote:

try again ;)
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

im kinda lost here, are we still joking around here or did someone take my comment seriously?
Because thats what i was doing, just fooling around. :lol:
Anyway,
good night everybody!
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

the only thing that makes gaiser drums is the mnml synth. thats the only thing he uses.

if you want detroit synths... look up the definition of a chord.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
digitalbunny
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by digitalbunny »

jpls wrote:
plaster wrote:

try again ;)
http://www.soniccharge.com/products
do i win!?
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

I'm sorry but i have to jump in on this one, i can't resist.

If you think that you can simply reproduce the sound of Detroit techno by learning what synths they used you are smokin' crack rocks.

The thing that makes Detroit techno sound the way it does has nothing to do with the synths and has everything to do with the mood of the music. Everybody was using the same equipment to make techno from the beginning all over the world but yet nobody sounded like Detroit cats really except Detroit cats. You can make any synth in the world sound like a Detroit Techno kind of synth if you play it like they do.

Detroit is a discipline, not a preset.

Some of those guys back in the day used nothing but a casio a 909 and a 4 track tascam. Others used nothing but a Korg Mono/Poly and a 4 track reel to reel. I never really mattered.

If you want to make a real impact then your best bet would be to find something that nobody else uses and become the master of it.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

Torque wrote:
If you want to make a real impact then your best bet would be to find something that nobody else uses and become the master of it.
You should make that a t-shirt or something. Good phrase of wisdom there.