Mopho w/keyboard

- ask away
boomstick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boomstick »

Stomper wrote:Maybe we should expect a rack version soon?
thats something ill be be more interested in than the key and the 4knob module.
my thoughts exactly
beam me up
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Angel_Colinz wrote:would 800 $ be 800 €?
Well by exchange rates it should be about 400-500e, but then again, the prices are higher in Europe. I would recommend ordering from the US, but the voltage is different there. You could use an adapter to change it, but those might be expensive too. I bought a few and they ended up being ~200 bucks, so whichever ends up being cheaper.
colinz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by colinz »

thanks for the exchange rates, i had them in mind too ;-)

but its your second thought that i was considering. i heard they (artificially) increase prices for the €-market and that sucks.

for about 500 € i would defo go for it ... owning a tetra and having full control of keys, vel and and the synth (w 5 voices) itself would be boss, never ever had a synth w/ keyboard before.

444€ for a mono evolver ... 1,1k for a evolver w keys .... has to be a pretty decent keyboard i guess.
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

Maiyal wrote:
Angel_Colinz wrote:would 800 $ be 800 €?
Well by exchange rates it should be about 400-500e, but then again, the prices are higher in Europe. I would recommend ordering from the US, but the voltage is different there. You could use an adapter to change it, but those might be expensive too. I bought a few and they ended up being ~200 bucks, so whichever ends up being cheaper.

both Dave Smith synths I've bought have come with universal leads with different plug connectors for use in US, UK and EU ;)
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

anyone has tried it yet? is it as great as it looks compared to the regular mopho? (workflow speaking).

thnanks.
gosh
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gosh »

have it. It's cool. I didn't have a mopho to compare against but I do have a tetra. It beats the hell out of editing on the tetra which doesn't get touched now.
Rather than poly chain the tetra to get voices I use separately with the mopho's local control = "off". This enables me to use the mopho as a mono bass synth and the tetra for everything else. I just switch to a different midi channel on my MPC and the mo-key then controls and edits the tetra without affecting the mopho's sound.
DSI are bringing out a new tetra OS to make the two play even nicer together. Where the tetra is slightly lacking is that mult-timbral mode sucks...hopefully a new OS and the mo-key could change this. 5 part-multi-timbral analogue synth equals cool!

The mo-key itself holds it's own well too. Its small but very well made and the knobs are biiiig improvement. Editing is pretty straight forwards. Not as fast as prophet maybe (or mono/poly evolver) but given the space pretty damn good..
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

thank you so much for your info... really nice.