For those interested in surround sound...

- ask away
lejockey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lejockey »

NewSc2 wrote:Hm, how would the "wall of sound perceived as distant speaker" work across a larger area... isn't one of the problems with surround sound the listener's position? If i were standing 20 feet closer to one side, compared to someone in the middle... wouldn't there be a ton of phasing issues?
The phasing issue would be most prominent in the lower frequencies I believe. The wavelengths are much longer and bass is a lot less directional. You are right tho. The effect you mention would be a lot less prominent if the listener was off centre. Looking at the picture on the post, it seems that all the speaker cabinets are direct radiating rather than horn loaded, which would help a bit as the energy of the sound wave dissapates a lot more with a cone in free air than one coupled with a horn. As with all audio, its a series of compromises would b interesting to see how it sounds. Has anyone got any first hand experience of the club?

I agree, class trip is needed. I wont sleep properly now unitll I hear it and have had the engineer answer the many questions now going through my mind.
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

I saw this system in a production magazine, its looks really nice, it I think, it sounds amazing, hope to see this in a club oneday :)