cool analogue synth filled studio

- ask away
cosmosuave
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cosmosuave »

Funny I did not see one Moog in that studio which is strange...
Martian Telecom
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Martian Telecom »

silence.
Last edited by Martian Telecom on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

those guys came across ok. at least they were excited by what they were doing and I think it would be possible to have a decent enough conversation with them about gear and music and stuff. Not my favourite music I;ve ever heard though, I have to say.

I've definitely been exposed to much worse characters in the musical world. I think my favourite was some guy in a town I was living in. He had been on one of those Poop Idol Fame acdemy things and had gotten some short lasting national exposure from it. He had an image of an edgy rebelliious punk icon kinda guy but was actually just really pathetic self absorbed idiot. He 'played' at a club night. THe performace was him with a microphone jumping around on a small stage in the club to a backing cd as though he was playing with the Sex Pistols or something. But really he was just a dck that everyone was just kinda laughing at.

It was actually really painful to watch. Full body cringe and painfully funny also.
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

Martian Telecom wrote:wow, trust fund kids in new york city with $60,000 in vintage gear make really unremarkable music that sounds like it was made with $60,000 in vintage gear.

The problem with having that much gear is that you look like a complete asshole if you are anything less than a genius.
Its odd isn't it, you'd imagine that if you had zero financial worries you would find it easier to go and make something without constraints. But then again there are many people for whom Daft Punk is "Way out there".
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Minimal Samples wrote:
Martian Telecom wrote:wow, trust fund kids in new york city with $60,000 in vintage gear make really unremarkable music that sounds like it was made with $60,000 in vintage gear.

The problem with having that much gear is that you look like a complete asshole if you are anything less than a genius.
Its odd isn't it, you'd imagine that if you had zero financial worries you would find it easier to go and make something without constraints. But then again there are many people for whom Daft Punk is "Way out there".
thats just not the way reality works though is it.

i know people who are creating and releasing amazing music with little more than a laptop and a mouse, and i know people with amazing studios who are creatively blocked and get nothing done at all.

its just wrong to judge people either negatively or positively on the size of their studio. you have no idea how they got that studio together, maybe they worked really hard in some sh!t job for ten years to buy that gear, maybe they bought most of that gear when you could buy it in junk shops for peanuts.
i have a decent studio, but its taken me 20 years to get it together.

for what its worth, i dont like the music in that video either, but i agree with oblioblioblio, they were full of enthusiam for making music in the analogue way and for me its refreshing to hear like minded people buzzing about what they do.
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

Nice video.

The part where he put some audio through that tom oberheim sem reissue sounded really nice, how did he get that pad sound from a bunch of drums/percussion?

Im confused by all this semi-modular, modular malarky, has he basically fed the audio signal from a synth/percussion module or whatever and ran it through the envelope on the SEM? Or is it more difficult than that?
soggy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by soggy »

ye that oberheim looks nice
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

I used to own a bunch of that sh!t