dsp's: liquid mix/uad/ssl duende

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

agodi wrote:
hydrogen wrote: dunno... but don't think i can run the liquidmix and fireface off the same chain... too much bandwidth needed?
Yeah I had problems initially using my liquidmix and my soundcard together as the liquid mix takes a huge amount of firewire bandwidth even with the power supply plugged in. A separate cardbus adapter seems to have solved the problem but i still need to keep the power supply plugged in.
damn... was hoping i would get some info about how to do it properly! unfortunatly... i have one of those new macbooks... where they changed the cardbus to a cardreader. :/
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

hydrogen wrote:
agodi wrote:
hydrogen wrote: dunno... but don't think i can run the liquidmix and fireface off the same chain... too much bandwidth needed?
Yeah I had problems initially using my liquidmix and my soundcard together as the liquid mix takes a huge amount of firewire bandwidth even with the power supply plugged in. A separate cardbus adapter seems to have solved the problem but i still need to keep the power supply plugged in.
damn... was hoping i would get some info about how to do it properly! unfortunatly... i have one of those new macbooks... where they changed the cardbus to a cardreader. :/
bad for me too, I have a MPB with 2 FW but I dont use it much because of the GPU thing.. i dont want to kill it fast. And I use a mac mini for the zero8 and the external gear and a macbook when i dont need more than 1 audio out.

Tasos
eMtEx
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eMtEx »

Brankis wrote:love my liquid mix. never tried UAD but focusrite is a far cry above most mix oriented vst packages ive tried, even including higher end brands like Flux and Sonnox stuff. The emulations have incredible character

the 16 channel version goes for $199 brand new! unbeatable if you ask me. i never use more than 10 instances so the extra $$ for the 32 channels is not really worth it
yeah, but th 16 version has only 8 stero tracks right? the 32 got 16 sterochannels. plus you can buils your very own eq and comp. lets say. a ssl notch plus 2 neve shelf filter,... many many configurations
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

eMtEx wrote:
Brankis wrote:love my liquid mix. never tried UAD but focusrite is a far cry above most mix oriented vst packages ive tried, even including higher end brands like Flux and Sonnox stuff. The emulations have incredible character

the 16 channel version goes for $199 brand new! unbeatable if you ask me. i never use more than 10 instances so the extra $$ for the 32 channels is not really worth it
yeah, but th 16 version has only 8 stero tracks right? the 32 got 16 sterochannels. plus you can buils your very own eq and comp. lets say. a ssl notch plus 2 neve shelf filter,... many many configurations
or 16 mono plugs.
mix16 doesnt have the mixed eq thing??
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: dsp's: liquid mix/uad/ssl duende

Post by Stomper »

klankeffect wrote:like fe uad has a bunch of plug ins, but antoher way of thinking is like a lot off plugins are not as usefull than fe 2 wich you know really good....
With UAD, you buy the card.
than you buy the plugins you want. you dont have to buy those that are not useful to you.

my vote is for uad. i dont know if their plugins sound anything like the hardware their emulation, but they sound very good on their own and you know that there always be something new.

Stomper.
Cheaper
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Cheaper »

UAD2 plugins are a bit pricey but reaaaaly outstanding

Plus with the release of the Fatso, Massive Passive and Neve plugins it's more than worth it.
soundcloud.com/capsularecordings
eMtEx
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eMtEx »

Daemonix wrote:
eMtEx wrote:

or 16 mono plugs.
mix16 doesnt have the mixed eq thing??
i think the mixed eq/comp does exist on the 16 version too. i don't own one but i consider to buy one 32 version.

this one is interessting too but expensive: sonic core xite 1 http://www.sonic-core.net/en/home/index.html
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by klankeffect »

hi,
thx for the repleys,
hmm lots of pro's on the liquid mix, but like a few are telling here i have a macbook pro aswell and there is a problem on bandwith of firewire, i use apogee duet, wich is also on firewire. this will make any problem?
lessizmoremoreizless