Elektron - OCTATRACK ?

- ask away
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

i also got the info about the +drive for the machinedrum
i'm maybe missing something...
but the "official" reason of the extra small memory in the MD was that sampling was not the point, the MD is about synthesis
and now i should pay extra cash to be able to load (more) samples on it?
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

well they are just trying to get more people to them , because more and more are going software way.. anyway i cant see a point to go for elektron because you can get much better things in software its the same digital anyway. its just marketing engine working in elektron , thats it IMHO!
its all about the rhythm
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

Rookas wrote:well they are just trying to get more people to them , because more and more are going software way.. anyway i cant see a point to go for elektron because you can get much better things in software its the same digital anyway. its just marketing engine working in elektron , thats it IMHO!
Well, its much more than software... its the interface and dedicated control experience. Its the feel of playing an instrument.

Much better than playing music on a typewriter with a plastic USB controller attached to it IMO
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

yeye sure you can get any controller for its price for sure, well its obvious that this s marketing not just something that is new or something.
its harder and harder for them to sell older products, so they something new, but its not a revolution , ant not for thousand bucks ( maybe even more)
its all about the rhythm
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

Maschine is better than this thing and less than half the price.
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

4am wrote:i also got the info about the +drive for the machinedrum
i'm maybe missing something...
but the "official" reason of the extra small memory in the MD was that sampling was not the point, the MD is about synthesis
and now i should pay extra cash to be able to load (more) samples on it?
Well it was a much asked request, also some people like using real sampled sounds as well as synthetic ones, nice to have it all in one box I guess.
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Is this going to be better than the Korg ESX (I think that's the model number)? That's the question. The new ones have sd cards now and if Elektron is pricing this anything like their others, it's gonna be at least twice that of the Korg.
MagpieIndustries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MagpieIndustries »

I want one!