mnml newbie

Post by libertine »

my statement was a bit sarcastic and meant something like
"hey I'm too lazy to read the f*cking manual ;) "
loulou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by loulou »

Hah yeah i know im a bit too lazy. Im just not that manual-type-of-guy.. :P But thanks folks! I'll force myself through the manual!
loulou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Arrangement in ableton

Post by loulou »

Gill wrote:
loulou wrote:Hello there!

I am new in Ableton, and wondered how do i draw in my arrangement like in fruity loops?

Thank you!
the easiest way to do what I think you're getting at, is to click and hold a clip you made, then press tab, to switch to the arrange view, and drop it in. If the clip is in loop mode, just roll it out like any daw. This is also great because it can go both ways. If you change a loop after starting your arrangement, just hold the clip in the arrange window, and drag it into a new clip. I do this all the time.
Thanks a lot dude! Helped a lot.. But one question more :) When i play my track (in arrange view), it plays all my clips instead of the clip/loop i have inserted in the arrangement. Is there a switch or am i missing something?

Peace!
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KrisM »

oddly enough I don't use Session a lot, but is the Back To Arrangement button lit up red?
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

loulou wrote:
Gill wrote:

I am new in Ableton, and wondered how do i draw in my arrangement like in fruity loops?

Thank you!
the easiest way to do what I think you're getting at, is to click and hold a clip you made, then press tab, to switch to the arrange view, and drop it in. If the clip is in loop mode, just roll it out like any daw. This is also great because it can go both ways. If you change a loop after starting your arrangement, just hold the clip in the arrange window, and drag it into a new clip. I do this all the time.
Thanks a lot dude! Helped a lot.. But one question more :) When i play my track (in arrange view), it plays all my clips instead of the clip/loop i have inserted in the arrangement. Is there a switch or am i missing something?

Peace!
Have you given the manual a read? You'll learn loads by browsing through. seriously.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Opuswerk wrote:
loulou wrote:
Gill wrote:

Thank you!

Peace!
Have you given the manual a read? You'll learn loads by browsing through. seriously.
+1

but in the meantime click that "red" button with the lines in it... (back to arrangement) near the play button. should play whats in the arrangement view and disable any clip playback.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
loulou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by loulou »

Yeah i pressed the back to arrangement button, so it works now, thank you! I'll start on the manual today, and see if/what i can learn from it..

Thank you, thank you, thank you!