New drum machine & new synth?

- ask away
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: New drum machine & new synth?

Post by mlexicon »

the_unable wrote:Hi guys, i'm opening this new topic because i'm tired of using sample loops, and drum hits already prepared. Now i want you to give me an advice about what should i buy to have my own sound.
Also I was looking for a new synth to make my own bass..what i should buy by your point of view?
i think to get your own sound, looking for the "it" product isnt going to do it.

U should really ask yourself what your intentions are as an artist. I really think thats the heart of the matter for most people.

I would make an artist statement that defines you right now. Look at those words and ask yourself how do you get there.. and are you using the tools you got right now to their fullest potential.

It could be a very valid point to say that all you wanted to do was to use readily available free loops from the internet because of x y and z reasons.
I would expand upon that further by only using free programs available on the internet, and really push the idea you have in your mind.

My point is you dont need a new drum machine and a new synth. Your just not thinking hard enough in the right places.
signatures suck
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

^ bullshit, nonsensical holier than thou reply imo.

buy gear, infact buy lots of it, love it, hate it, sell it. get cheap tat that costs 20quid from ebay anything really, your really not losing out on doing it. if it puts a bit of fun in the process, dont go worrying about YOUR sound. fucking hell man, i just enjoy messing about with bits n bobs of electrical stuff, be it not musical.

I aint gonna sit there and do an artist statement :lol: this aint a business its a hobby i love. I know im speaking on my own behalf but its comments like those that do my head in!

doesnt even have to be hardware either as stated. just do what ever makes the process of learning something more engaging for yourself, if that involves buying a certain piece of kit go for it!

as for recommendations, ive heard good things about vermona drm1 and the jomox mbase11. i understand vermona have released a little monophonic synth too which could perhaps be worth looking into if your on a budget! Software wise not really sure mate, only ever used Drumazon n that and Synth1 for bass. Hope this helps.

edit* If its a workflow thing, thats killing creativity, maybes look into the NI Maschine? Seems a nice way of blending hardware and software, altho i aint got any experience of using it, so cant say so myself.
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

You sound like a fag. Stop making music, you are ruining it for everybody else.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

IMO vermona's new synth is just money making as its price is ridicolous , you could for a new mfb synth , or get an evolver , or dark energy or whatever MONO for that which is better imho...
as for poly i think a hybrid is great like use audio plugiator... or as i said waldorf stuff .. has its own (good) sound
its all about the rhythm
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Rookas wrote:IMO vermona's new synth is just money making as its price is ridicolous , you could for a new mfb synth , or get an evolver , or dark energy or whatever MONO for that which is better imho...
as for poly i think a hybrid is great like use audio plugiator... or as i said waldorf stuff .. has its own (good) sound
the MFB synths are cheap because the build quality isn't that good and i would happily swap my evolver for that new vermona synth. the vermona might look simple but it's a high quality bit of kit.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

yes mfb arent the best build quality , but to pay double price for vermona , which even has less functions ... and nobody says that mfb sounds bad..
haha i would swap evolver is i had it , because vermona is almost twice more expensive... anyway this can go forever and lead us nowhere ... i just think that starters shouldnt start with stuff for a mono synth which is 500euros.. dam i can get x0xb0x for 300-350.. doesnt this sound ridicolous :D
its all about the rhythm
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Casanova808 wrote:
You sound like a fag. Stop making music, you are ruining it for everybody else.
If you just said that using hardware is ruining it for everybody than you just ruined it for me.

I would pay double for the Vermona.
two main reasons for that 1. the build quality. Vermona has very very high standards and i trust that what i buy will last a nuclear war.
2. they sound better, which means blending in the mix better which means less processing ill have to do later. money saves time in the case.

Im not saying that the OP should just go and get one. everyone has their own consideration and priorities.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Rookas wrote:yes mfb arent the best build quality , but to pay double price for vermona , which even has less functions ... and nobody says that mfb sounds bad..
haha i would swap evolver is i had it , because vermona is almost twice more expensive...
yes nobody can compete with MFB for price. no they don't sound bad but their not in the same league as vermona. the dark energy is cheaper but it's only got one osc.

the vermona isn't that expensive 449 euros
DSI evolver 489 euros
spectral audio neptune II 571 euros
moog little phatty stage II 1190 euros