mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

I like the Tubes!!! Someonelikeyou.
twisted-space
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by twisted-space »

Very cool, it's amazing what you can get out of something that alot of people consider a toy!
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

wicked! we were lookin for a good youtube vid of the emx the other day!!
sounds amazin, is it easy to get ur head around and play it live??
MagpieIndustries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MagpieIndustries »

kristofason wrote:wicked! we were lookin for a good youtube vid of the emx the other day!!
Yes, that is easily what it is best at.
dubgil2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil2 »

kristofason wrote:wicked! we were lookin for a good youtube vid of the emx the other day!!
yep. it's extremely easy, to the point that its easiness makes working with Ableton Live a pain in the ass, even as nice as Live is, I'm too impatient because I've become so familiar with the EMX's workflow.

On a related note, I bought an ESX (the EMX's sampling counterpart) thinking I would take advantage of samples (loops) but again, having become so accustomed to the EMX's immediacy of things, I'm too impatient, err LAZY, to mess with loading samples on a card and transfering to the ESX (again, that's just me being lazy though). So the ESX sits collecting dust:(

on the surface, as some have said, emx comes across like a toy, but if you play around with it enough, and dig deep into the parameters, you can pull stuff out of it you didn't imagine were deep inside, that's why I ran to the camera to record this, I was a bit surpsied myself to get a chord-stab sound that sounded 'authentic'...

pm if you want more details on it