loop etiquitte

- ask away
konzee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by konzee »

tone-def wrote:i don't know what you mean by "theres no real way to achieve that sound with out them". how do you think they were made in the first place? do you think god handed these loops down from heaven or do you think a musician made them?
Well'p, I know a musician made them, I pretty much meant making them electronically.

But thanks for the response guys! I fucking love this forum! I'm new nice to meet you all.
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

What I can appreciate about certain loops isn't the sound of the subject in the foreground, but the atmosphere in which the sound(s) was recorded. If you're using all digital gear and all dry samples, it is almost impossible to create the atmosphere surrounding the original loop. Were the congas recorded through a desk? What size/shape room? What mic? Is there any coloration of the sound due to tube amps, etc.?

I would actually agree that it's very difficult to recreate the sound of a loop without comparable gear.
aciduss
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by aciduss »

But again, if you are producing elektronika then why do you care about the real ambiences or recording conditions?
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

aciduss wrote:But again, if you are producing elektronika then why do you care about the real ambiences or recording conditions?
wow. real or not... this is probably the most important thing when making a recording of any kind.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

I use loops, but I chop/mangle them to pieces...I dont feel the slightest bit guilty.
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

I make Mnml with a tube mic, a wire recorder from 1938, a slide guitar and a harmonica.

I LOOP THE HELL OUT OF THAT sh!t!!!

I DROP THAT sh!t ON FLY ASS 78RPM SHELLAC DISKS.

fck A MICROGROOVE RECORD, THAT'S BITCHMADE sh!t LIKE SERATO.
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

I GOT MORE FUCKING LOOPS THAT TUCAN SAM!
CRAZYFRUITYASSNEXTLEVELSHITYO!IAMTHEOGLOOPJACKMOTHERFUCKERHOODYHOO!
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

Casanova808 wrote:I make Mnml with a tube mic, a wire recorder from 1938, a slide guitar and a harmonica.
i'd be glad to kick your ass on slide guitar anyday :] :lol: