Possibilities other than midi retro fitting?

- ask away
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

i have phillip rees mds and it works like charm..so no problems with sync whatever..

but if you have extra money, buy acidlab bassline mkII it has that midi to sync24 converter also and it works fine too + you get some acid for your dums also:)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

nakoradiomies wrote:i have phillip rees mds and it works like charm..so no problems with sync whatever..

but if you have extra money, buy acidlab bassline mkII it has that midi to sync24 converter also and it works fine too + you get some acid for your dums also:)
youve been lucky bro, i sent my original one back because it had a 3 or 4 ms delay on it, and they sent me another which was worse, when i wrote to philp rees about it, he seemed to think that tolerance was ok !

trying recording your 303 with a short decay click from something via midi, and see if they in time in a wave editor. i'm really fussy about timing, that tolerance wasnt ok for me.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Cheers, thanks guys. :D
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

steevio, you can fix those things in ableton, and im not sure but i think every computer sequencer can do the same thing.

i had loved ableton since they added those midi sync delay settings..
ekwipt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ekwipt »

I have the Kenton pro 2000mk2 and it works well, there a slight m/s delay which you can compensate for in Logic. Soundcard or however you get midi into them makes a big difference as well. I think it's doepfer that makes a good USB to midi that you can wire up an then go from that to the din sync converter. My soundcard is pretty good as a midi out though.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

nakoradiomies wrote:i had loved ableton since they added those midi sync delay settings..
+1 amazing feature.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

nakoradiomies wrote:steevio, you can fix those things in ableton, and im not sure but i think every computer sequencer can do the same thing.

i had loved ableton since they added those midi sync delay settings..
yeah sorry i forgot they implemented that, but i dont use ableton, infact i dont use a computer, i use a midi-clock from various other devices, (like the Flame clockwork) where you dont have that option, so i need my sync devices to work indepentandly of software.

i dont have any delay on my Kenton Pro 2, its bang on in time.
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

ah okay cool:)