mono synths...

- ask away
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

::BLM:: wrote:the mono lancet looks really nice.
What you said just there. It's on my nextgeartobuy list. That after I get a new computer, as mine seems to be suffering from too much use, even after a clean install and a fresh new HDD...
The mono Lancet does seem like one of the best price/quality/feature mono synth you can buy nowadays alongside the Mopho. I do like the Lancet better though, as all the knobs are on there without having to delve in menus and the likes.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

apart from modular i'd go for a spectral audio neptune II.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Before your going to write anything in your buylist, i think it will be smart to think what you need/want from the synth.

what i like about hardware synth is the hands on control. no menus and no bs.
imo the reason most hardware users hate digital synths because of those menus and the mopho aint that different. so i wouldnt get one.

what are you looking for? hands on control and turning knobs while recording?
or do you prefer to have automation and the abilty to edit the recording?

each has it streanghts and weaknesses. voltage controlled are more limited with less modulation options but i think their more fun and give results much faster.
digital controlled has more modulation options and can make more complexed sounds. you can record automation and edit them and save presets. but in the end of the day, its just not as fun as voltage controlled.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Dont forget the waldorf pulse, can be got for cheap now and gives you 3 oscillators, a 24lp filter, 2 lfo's and more. Lovely bass synth.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

for the same money as a mopho KB, you could buy an SH101, and get a proper analogue synth.
no matter how much you think these are inflated in price (£500 ish)
they are still better and have more controls than most of the latest mono synths.

i agree with stomper, theres little point in buying an analogue monosynth if you dont have a knob for every job. thats what they are all about. its not just the sound. menus suck.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

+1 to stevio and stomper...
if you are looking for that techno bass... don't try and substitute it with a mopho.. get the real deal sh101 like steevio said...

I have a tetra... it is great... but i can't get in there and control it... plus it sounds nothing like this other gear. I got a moog rogue which has very little control... but is pure analogue and i can tweak it to infinite depths. Additionally, it sounds way more full compared to the tetra.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

What about:

Sequential circuits pro-1
Korg ms10/20
Moog prodigy
Moog source
Sh101 (again)
Sh09

You can pick up a novation super bass station for about £60, nice synth and has a midi to cv converter built in.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

AK wrote:
You can pick up a novation super bass station for about £60, nice synth and has a midi to cv converter built in.
i had one, and didnt get on with it. its sounded thin to me, and the controls were fiddly,