The Promo Mix

- open
WillieSmalls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by WillieSmalls »

When you say digital mixing I assume you are talking about mixes done solely within a computer.

I used to plan my mixes before the digital age, now I just play what I like and smile a little when I fck up a mix. It does add a bit of life I find and keeps with the live theme.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i want to hear it :)

btw also only vinyl here :D
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

i've just discovered traktor - my flatmate got himself a set-up recently. i've had great fun rocking our lounge and it's renewed my enjoyment of djing. I like the fact that cueing and beatmatching is quickly sorted so you can concentrate on choosing the right track and making nice transitions - or just spend more time mocking the crowd with your hands in the air everytime the beat drops back in.

Vinyl djing is a different thing altogether, imo. It's a skilled art that really tunes the senses and takes time to perfect. I think CDs also take a bit of skill and can be worked quite nicely. I've never got on well with cd's for some reason though.

Gotta say though, vinyl mixes can sound a bit 'old-fashioned' these days with their pops and crackles. I guess that proves that people are becoming more tuned to digital perfection, cos I do love my vinyl.

Long live vinyl. However, Traktor rules! :?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Themis wrote:i want to hear it :)

btw also only vinyl here :D

I guess this is the one?
http://soundcloud.com/waxworks/waxworks01

Tracklist:

Intrusion - Infinit -1
Delta Funtionen - Estuary
Roman Lindau - Sonnerie
Ron Deacon - Untitled
Tama Sumo & Prosumer - Rarefied
Kassem Mosse - Untitled
John Daly - Equinox
Robin Drimalski - Makalu
Reference vs Marko Furstenberg - The Swell
Cio D'or, Paul Brtshitsch - Safran
Modern Heads - Mooger
The Friendship Connection - First/Abuse
Vril - V3
Oliver Deutschmann - Paleredhead
The Gods Planet - No Religion
if not, sorry.
WillieSmalls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by WillieSmalls »

clubfoot wrote:i've just discovered traktor - my flatmate got himself a set-up recently. i've had great fun rocking our lounge and it's renewed my enjoyment of djing. I like the fact that cueing and beatmatching is quickly sorted so you can concentrate on choosing the right track and making nice transitions - or just spend more time mocking the crowd with your hands in the air everytime the beat drops back in.
This is the biggest problem I have with digital mixing, if you're not matching the beats yourself then you're really not mixing.
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

Yeah that is the mix Patrick, cheers.
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

Ingemar wrote:why assume people like on or the other? I love sets recorded in clubs with pitch corrections and what not (even half-assed sound quality sometimes) and I love hyper intricate digital things with heaps of layers and loops

what I could do better though is to leave feedback when I enjoy a mix
Maybe that is all it is? Or maybe the mix sucked

Either way no feedback is no good, if I listen to a mix I always try and comment on parts I liked or parts that I didn't like and why. Without being rude of course :) :lol:
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

listening to the mix now... its quality!