old poly analogue

- ask away
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

I always wanted a Vermona Perfourmer.
few years that i wanted to save up but needed the money for something else.
it doesnt have keys if that what your looking for. but i think it has some possibilities you just cant do with other synths.
there are some modulation between each voice to make unique effects and you can adjust the filter and resonance for each voice in the pad.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Jupiter 6 or an mks 80, pad heaven.

In all seriousness though, I reckon digital synths are particularly good for pads, esp big chords. You can quickly fill up a mix with big analog chords so I'd have to drop in the roland jd990, ensoniq esq1 and perhaps the wavestation too
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

just a warning on the jupiters.

they are buggers to keep in tune.

(not so with the juno 106 with its DCOs)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

AK wrote:Jupiter 6 or an mks 80, pad heaven.

In all seriousness though, I reckon digital synths are particularly good for pads, esp big chords. You can quickly fill up a mix with big analog chords so I'd have to drop in the roland jd990, ensoniq esq1 and perhaps the wavestation too
I have been after the esq1 for ages now. It's a great synth, with lots of possiblities. Do you know if the Ensoniq SQ1plus32 is the same machine as there is somebody selling one of them, but i cant find any info on it.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

They also go for silly money too. There was one on ebay not long back with a buy it now price of around £1800 if I remember correctly. When I was living in birmingham, I was doing music with a guy who had one. He paid £600 for his and this wasnt long ago. Mad how quick the prices rocket.

Anyway, I still reckon digital synths can offer so much to a mix when it comes to pads and strings. May lack the thickness of analog pads but that's exactly why they work, and for evolving textures, some are truely amazing.

Here's a list of some excellent digital synths which can be got for peanuts and will provide beautiful pads.

Roland jd990
Roland jd800
Kurzweil k200
Korg wavestation

And if you see an ensoniq esq1 just buy it before everybody realises what an awesome bit of kit it is.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

@ BLM, do you mean the sd-1? I have heard of the esq-1, the sq-80 and the sd-1 but not the one you mentioned. Vintage synth might have it listed, doesnt work on my mobile though so I dont know.

What I do know, is the sd-1 is not the same, harsher, more digital and ppg-like. Get the esq-1 and you wont regret it. Not easy to find though.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

are you talking about the esq1? they are dirt cheap dude... I just seen two on soundonsound listed for £150, but when I went back the next day they were gone. My friends have some in Sweden and they are even cheaper there, I might have to get them to send me one.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Yeah, the esq-1. i know they are cheap and they are awesome synths. Im pretty sure they have analog filters so are hybids. Can sound digital or analog. Bargain of the century, get one before the prices rocket. I want one myself or the sq-80.