Pianos

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I was thinking of getting a piano. There are loads of them for free on Gumtree.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Dusk wrote:Most people don't have the space for a piano mate. I take it you don't live in a shared house.
i don't even have space for my monitors.
mehta
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mehta »

Dusk wrote:I've got a few piano libraries (Akoustic Piano, EWQL) and none sound good enough for me to use prominently in a track. I usually have to detune, EQ and compress the hell out of them, but even then, they still sound too "clean" and unnatural.

I'm after that beaten-up, detuned old upright sound. Let me know if you find it somewhere.
I have two battered pianos that have been left in an unheated building for the past bunch of years ... can't wait to start recording them 8)
Dusk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dusk »

tone-def wrote:
Dusk wrote:Most people don't have the space for a piano mate. I take it you don't live in a shared house.
i don't even have space for my monitors.
I hear you :x

:D
Some music:
www.myspace.com/cloakmusic

Reviews, news and more:
www.inverted-audio.co.uk
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

looking for piano too...

This one sounded pretty convincing...
http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=38

i'm just not ready to dish out the monies... maybe there are some decent freebies?
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

i sample public domain classical recordings for any piano samples i need. there are so many solo piano recordings from the 30's-50's that you can find any sound quality (78rpm, 45rpm, 33rpm) that you are looking for.

www.archive.org has tons of old classical recordings which are public domain /have no copyright on them. you could sample notes or chords from copyrighted solo piano recordings as well, but i would not recommend sampling melody lines or entire bars of music. it is fair use as long as you use only one note.
KryoShift
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KryoShift »

4front has a decent free Piano module