Post by Ciaran_ »

Adam Marshall is pretty cool
anthak
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by anthak »

Ciaran_ wrote:Adam Marshall is pretty cool
where can i find one of his sets?

and thanks to everyone for helping out with this!
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

if you have older trelik/ifach/peacefrog records, I think you will be doing fine playing these. As somebody above stated, there is the tendency to sound old school, but the problem is that many just spin old school for the sake of being old school, not because they love it
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

hey man, I went through a similar arc in life. At a certain point I decide that I would change my life and move on to something new. It turned out that this something new was not everything I wanted. In retrospect I was not turning my back on the music, it was the lifestyle I was rejecting. I eventually came back to the music which enthralled my mind and was happy in doing so.I was a little less happy with the environment to which I returned but that was probably a result of perspective and age.

To be honest with you... I think if you give deep search to the netlabels that have come up in the last 5-6 years you will be very happy and surprised with what you find.I have searched a lot of sites but I must say that mnml.nl in particular offers an abundance of good audio material in the Net Label Section. If you are interested in sets though then I can't be of much help. I have to admit don't listen to many sets these days. A falling I suppose but even one particular track can throw me off from a good mix listen. Personally I am much more concerned with the tracks then the mixing and it seems most DJs are too consumed with picking tracks that mix well then just great tracks in general.
sologroove
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sologroove »

tsankip wrote:Saw her spin at the AKA Bar back in 2005 and she rocked. Would love to see her play again somewhere, but it won't happen over here lol :D
i've met her on stage 3 years ago.. :D
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

anthak wrote:
Ciaran_ wrote:Adam Marshall is pretty cool
where can i find one of his sets?

and thanks to everyone for helping out with this!
http://www.roof.fm/en/2010/04/28/adam-m ... ew-kanada/

http://www.littlewhiteearbuds.com/podca ... -marshall/

not listened to either of these.. but the roof fm mix tracklist looks cool