Sounds to Sample_Deep Percussive Tech_Sample Pack

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

michaellpenman wrote:are you stupid, nothing is sampled. It is all made from scratch. I cant sample music and sell it. Mate you really need to let this go, your making such a big deal about nothin CHILL
I'm just posting my opinions. I want to encourage people to make music, and to help contribute to a community that provides access to knowledge for musicians whatever stage of the journey they're at.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

dont bother man. creative and inovative music will always be recognised and distinguished from the mass of samplepackbased bs. let them live.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i think if you make the more mainstream (beatport top 10) side of minimal, sample packs are essential.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

that's the first place i would look if i was after that sound.

could be useful for people who don't have all day to make sounds. a lot of people make tunes because they have been told it gets them dj gigs. how many times have you heard that? they want things to be easy so they can get passable results as quick as they can. taking years learning about sound design isn't really an option.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

michaellpenman wrote:Ok have your opinion but surely you would not like if peep slagged your music.
Now just be nice. I have put in the hours to make originally music and now I'm passing on sample.
Yes orginalliy is key.
sorry mate, I don't wanna be mean. I just feel strongly about the topic, that's all.

Your samples are very well produced, and they're better than a lot of music I hear. I just really believe that there's a dangerous line, where people can just load something up and have a full peice of music without needing to learn anything or take any creative risks.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Im with Obli on this and I have the same sort of feelings he has. But, having said that, I think the guys are giving Michael a bad time for fck all.

C'mon guys, you cant knock somebody for trying to make a few bob from music. Ease off man. He's obviously a decent guy and means well. Personally, I dont think he realises that we are all pretty advanced in our musical lives that and that we hate the prospect of more, DIY music.

So fair play to Michael for making a few bob but I am totally and utterly (sp?) with Obli on this. Where is the future of music if it is a jigsaw of already made music?

I just dont see the value of having ready made loops in electronic music.

I see it as, jigsawing other peoples music together for a wank-fest of self achievement. Make music. Love music and enjoy it, maybe then you will all realise that it has fck all to do with money, it has nothing to do with fame and nothing to do with social acceptence.

Music is about realising oneself, it becomes apparent when you live music, when you hear 'chords' in a car horn, when you hear rhythm in the toilet flush, when even nature can kickstart an idea. Music is beautiful. Im gonna spend the rest of my life exploring it.

I dont understand the ejay type people. No time for that.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Im with Obli on this and I have the same sort of feelings he has. But, having said that, I think the guys are giving Michael a bad time for fck all.

C'mon guys, you cant knock somebody for trying to make a few bob from music. Ease off man. He's obviously a decent guy and means well. Personally, I dont think he realises that we are all pretty advanced in our musical lives that and that we hate the prospect of more, DIY music.

So fair play to Michael for making a few bob but I am totally and utterly (sp?) with Obli on this. Where is the future of music if it is a jigsaw of already made music?

I just dont see the value of having ready made loops in electronic music.

I see it as, jigsawing other peoples music together for a wank-fest of self achievement. Make music. Love music and enjoy it, maybe then you will all realise that it has fck all to do with money, it has nothing to do with fame and nothing to do with social acceptence.

Music is about realising oneself, it becomes apparent when you live music, when you hear 'chords' in a car horn, when you hear rhythm in the toilet flush, when even nature can kickstart an idea. Music is beautiful. Im gonna spend the rest of my life exploring it.

I dont understand the ejay type people. No time for that.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I think it's been me that's been giving the guy the most sh!t for this.

I think it's a risk you take when advertising yourself quite heavily. And personally it grates with me a bit, cos this forum is mainly people sharing advice and helping each other out. I don't think selling some sample packs is the same, but it's a minimal forum and some people like to use them so.

My main complaint is with the idea of just chucking loops into tracks, especially when the loops are already made for the music that you have in mind. Where's the creativity? Where's the fun? Where's the challenge?

People say that the loop ends up sounding different, but in my experience a sample is always a sample, you can never escape the original character of a sound, even when you put it thru the strongest machines. That's why sampling is an artform in itself, you gotta make good choices with wat samples you use.

I guess I'm wasting my breath going on about this too much. I'm not gonna stop people going for easy points, and I'm not gonna change the people who are looking for something deeper.