ableton limiting

- ask away
jobbanaught
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: ableton limiting

Post by jobbanaught »

::BLM:: wrote:found out today that ableton has a limiter hidden in its master channel.

did anyone know about this?

and when does it kick in, at +24 db or what???

:lol:
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

patrick bateman wrote: when you have a new empty project, then you have a limiter as efc on the master channel?

(i have suite 8 too, and don't see that)
I don't have that either.
manzatour wrote:
Opuswerk wrote: a multiband compressor, which can be very usefull for other things, such as 3-band signal splitting.
could you elaborate on this?
what is 3 band signal splitting? (does it split it on 3 channels that you can threat in a different way?)
would be very interested to know
thx
Here's a link to a simple rack with 3 bands splitting. That process is very used in dnb to be able to modualte several layers of the same sound differently and recombine them, very handy in neuro dnb.

link: http://www.opuswerk.ch//Zips/3%20Band%2 ... er.adg.zip
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Opuswerk wrote:I never saw it was hidden. Here it shows up as a device in the fx list. Maybe it's because I got live 8 suite? But I thought the only fx that was related to that was Amp...
no no..

i have the limiter too that I can see, but there is one embedded in the software.

I was speaking to my mastering engineer and was just asking him loads of questions and he told me that in Ableton there is a limiter in the software. If people are interested I can post the conversation we had because its useful information if youre sending stuff to a mastering guy and using ableton.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Please post that, I never heard of that before.
jobbanaught
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jobbanaught »

::BLM:: wrote: I was speaking to my mastering engineer and was just asking him loads of questions and he told me that in Ableton there is a limiter in the software.

sorry but thats plain bull
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

i also think its not true because i've ran various tests... this is simply not true.

but would also like to hear what the mastering engineer has to say, so yes please.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I have just asked him why he thinks that. He will get back to me when he can.