Experience with A&H Xone S6/V6, S2 Mixers?

- ask away
maxeinsoul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maxeinsoul »

Try the DJR400 by E&S. It'll cost you as much as a classic high end 80's rotary, but you can chose all your options when you order it, and the EQs are mindblowing. Plus you don't need to rack it, it's easy to carry, pretty compact.
I've seen DJ Deep, Parrish jamming on these, now I'm considering selling drugs to get one.

http://www.electronique-spectacle.com/djr400.php
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

looks like bozak has a new series of rotary mixers... looks super nice! http://www.bozak.com/

not sure what the status of them are though...
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

Thanks hydrogen. The Bozak AR-6 is the one I'm looking at right now. They are $1,995 MSRP.

I tried contacting Bozak to see if I can demo one of these in my system before buying. No response yet but I will update when I get one.

From what I've researched it is exactly what I'm looking for.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

JackNine wrote:I tried contacting Bozak to see if I can demo one of these in my system before buying. No response yet but I will update when I get one.
please do... i'm curious though... After posting this I inquired with my friend on FB...
facebook conversation wrote:Him: it's not possible that they will sound as good. I'm sure they will be nice......but if your gonna shell out the dough throw in a bit more and get the OG. And that OG is the first of its kind. So much history and legacy. fck I want one so bad.

Me How is it impossible to not sound as good?
Him the components don't exist anymore. much of that mixer was oem, but some of the crucial parts...like the black velvet ALPS pots...aren't around.

the OG bozak is considered to have the least distortion of any dj mixer ever. It's basically a small format modular recording console. point-to-point wiring, no integrated circuits, magic pixie dust on anything you put through it.
Hopefully the new bozak holds up to that. I wonder when that EQ section will come out too?