mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

NoAffiliation wrote:use them in mono ;)
Wow thanks. It works a treat!
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

kdgh wrote:try to use different short and long verbs. A short plate or room and long hall verb.. You could try it also the otherway around ;)!

next tip is think in width. Sometimes a reverb mono can create an enormous space! That's because you're narrowing 1 element, so the others seems even bigger that are stereo. It's all about contrast.

If you want something huge, then also think about a 'small' element.
If you want something width, then also add something mono.

The listener will experience the contrast and so are you.
Nice tips here as well. Thanks to all.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Use of reverb.

Post by s.k. »

eggnchips wrote:Hey chaps,

I'm looking for tips on reverb and settings.
Good tracks use it so well, they can get the right atmosphere with the use of it and it never sounds over done.
I listen to stuff like Sandwell District, Dvs1, Shed, Lucy etc.
I am not sure the artists that you listed rely so much on reverb to get that sound (not to say they dont use any). IMHO you should experiment with the concept of granular resynthesis and see what it does to sound and how it manipulates it and what the results are. Also, to my ears the Sandwell District sound is very close to what certain rack hardware samplers output...
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

s.k. wrote:

Good tracks use it so well, they can get the right atmosphere with the use of it and it never sounds over done.
I am not sure the artists that you listed rely so much on reverb to get that sound (not to say they dont use any). IMHO you should experiment with the concept of granular resynthesis and see what it does to sound and how it manipulates it and what the results are. Also, to my ears the Sandwell District sound is very close to what certain rack hardware samplers output...
I reckon Sandwell stuff is done on computer.
Bionic_Eye
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bionic_Eye »

search for the sandwell bass topic
there is also some talk about reverb in it
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

Reverb on a send channel post fader and mix the dry signal with the wet signal to ur liking, I think it sounds a lot better than directly as an insert especially on drums, percs, stabs etc. +1 for Eqing the reverb too.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

eggnchips wrote:
s.k. wrote:

I reckon Sandwell stuff is done on computer.
really? good to know, i always thought otherwise