make music then what...?

- ask away
luco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: make music then what...?

Post by luco »

tsankip wrote:teach others how to make music as good as yours?

how do u know my track is dope?
luco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by luco »

kivetros wrote:
ray parry wrote:be happy.
This.

Make music because you love making music. Put it on SoundCloud so that you can share it with others and get feedback.

But don't ever make music for any reason other than the fact that you enjoy making music. Don't make music to "get signed", for fame, for fortune... those things in and of themselves are meaningless and unfulfilling.

-K

if i put it it on soundcloud would labels still want it ?
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

luco wrote:how do u get sign'd????
i think this is true more than ever but like everything else it happens by meeting other people. getting "signed" in electronic music isn't that hard as there's a gazillion labels. even if you release on a bigger label it doesn't mean you get famous or even bookings. it's funny you need to produce to succeed as a DJ but i think it's inversely true as well that if you're an established dj in your area it will be easier to make it as a producer. no better way to get your music picked up than playing it at a good party in front of the other artists who may have labels or direct connections. Even what we perceive as "BIG" electronic labels are mostly just close groups of friends and most of them only want to release their friends. for good reason too, strength in numbers

if the above is not an option for you i would at least pick out very specific people/labels to send the music too and write them a personal letter about what their label means to you and why you think your creative product would fit in with them.

for the record you seem like a pretty interesting guy and you may well be talented, however in contrast to some of your posts on here I would try and use correct spelling and complete sentences when you send it
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

luco wrote:
don't do that. it will perceptually devalue the work and your image. once you get known then you can put random unreleased stuff on soundcloud and it will increase your worth
luco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by luco »

NoAffiliation wrote:
i think this is true more than ever but like everything else it happens by meeting other people. getting "signed" in electronic music isn't that hard as there's a gazillion labels. even if you release on a bigger label it doesn't mean you get famous or even bookings. it's funny you need to produce to succeed as a DJ but i think it's inversely true as well that if you're an established dj in your area it will be easier to make it as a producer. no better way to get your music picked up than playing it at a good party in front of the other artists who may have labels or direct connections. Even what we perceive as "BIG" electronic labels are mostly just close groups of friends and most of them only want to release their friends. for good reason too, strength in numbers

if the above is not an option for you i would at least pick out very specific people/labels to send the music too and write them a personal letter about what their label means to you and why you think your creative product would fit in with them.

for the record you seem like a pretty interesting guy and you may well be talented, however in contrast to some of your posts on here I would try and use correct spelling and complete sentences when you send it

i make music not a writer i, ther label means sh!t to me, fukin derps (u hear me label owners) DERPS
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

kivetros wrote:
ray parry wrote:be happy.
This.

Make music because you love making music. Put it on SoundCloud so that you can share it with others and get feedback.

But don't ever make music for any reason other than the fact that you enjoy making music. Don't make music to "get signed", for fame, for fortune... those things in and of themselves are meaningless and unfulfilling.

-K
I kind of disagree with this. I agree with the ideals but usually the artistic drive comes from wanting to be the best at something. that's what pushes this whole thing forward. sure writing music is fulfilling in itself but the real gratification comes from other people liking it. the more people that like it the more success and the more gratification.
luco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by luco »

NoAffiliation wrote:
luco wrote:
don't do that. it will perceptually devalue the work and your image. once you get known then you can put random unreleased stuff on soundcloud and it will increase your worth

wat if the labels dont think its good enough?
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

luco wrote:
NoAffiliation wrote:

i make music not a writer i, ther label means sh!t to me, fukin derps (u hear me label owners) DERPS
great attitude.

make your own label