Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

i tihnk i saw alex smoke using it last weekend in brighton doing his live show thing. he was pretty good with it..
inxec
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

ABLETON

Post by inxec »

I use live to dj with, sometimes i wish i never bothered and i also wonder why i paid 300 sheets for a prgram with more glitches than a autechre track.

good fun when its behaving its self great for toilet breaks :D
CIRCLELINE PLATFORM 2
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

@inxec

If ur having problems - it's not abletons fault, I've used since V1 an can't complain, any glitches are due to the performance of your computer and how u are using ableton.

I burst out laughing when I heard sasha wasn't going to use until it was more stable - wat a laugh.

The problem is - to use your tools properly - you need to know them insie out, which means , knowing how ur PC works as well as ableton.

V5 is overspecced for my machine, technically it shouldn't work so well, but I've tweeked things so it works no problem.

It is possible man - like I say - more understanding of how it all interfaces might help u out.

What spec it ur machine ?
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

AVX23 wrote:you need to know them insie out, which means , knowing how ur PC works
and thats that.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by ganik »

i play ableton live sets last year and half, but im not good, hehe
inxec
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by inxec »

@avx23

Its middle of the road acer pentium 4 but ive already had max ramupgrade and i run all my controllers through midi to stop the usb probs and im hardly pushing the cpu even with 7 or 8 tracks on the go.

One of my dudes was saying something about installing office pro and shutting out all other programs and sating up with out windows just ableton and the sound card.

Whatcan yer suggest as its starting to piss me off. to be fair though ive seen hawtin swearing at his mac so it even happens to the best of em.

Thanks
CIRCLELINE PLATFORM 2
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by ganik »

inxec wrote:Its middle of the road acer pentium 4 but ive already had max ramupgrade and i run all my controllers through midi to stop the usb probs and im hardly pushing the cpu even with 7 or 8 tracks on the go.
must admit, really weird problem. so its a CPU problem, you are sure in that? what about HDD, is it ok with other applications instaled on comp? is that new laptop, i mean do you still have valid guarantee?