ableton live djs

- ask away
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

d-rokc wrote:with ableton its a whole different story tho. he prepares everything at home (well in most of the cases) and then when ppl hear the bad sound (synced perfectly) they dont say: 'whos that lame ass trying to mix?' but they say 'whats that lame ass track hes playing right now?'.

hope that does make it clearer.
you seem to miss the point whilst actually hitting it. a lame dj is a lame dj, doesn't matter wether he uses ableton or decks. using decks does not improve anyone's skills to entertain people. neither ableton does. then again ableton doesn't make good dj's bad.

i've been spinning records for over 15 years now and beatmatching for me is an excercise as trivial as putting a finger up my nose. and you wanna tell me i'm not a dj anymore when i go for another weapon of choice that actually enables me to go way deeper into the mix than i could with just 2 or 3 decks?

get a grip man.
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

d-rokc wrote:thats why i dont like forums so much. everyone twists your words like they have no idea what you're talking about.
maybe you don't have a valid point on rearranging tracks, but for the rest you are so damn right.

[off topic]
i have no clue why people don't understand you. but it has happened to me so many times that now i am keeping my opinions for myself
[/off topic]
d-rokc wrote:hey isabella hows goin :) thx for support.
no problem mate. your point really deserves to be supported :wink:
d-rokc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by d-rokc »

Anything below 500hz is summed to mono so the record wont skip

eheheheheh, now i know you actually have no idea. dont tell this to anyone or you might get some serious laughing at. often around 500Hz lays the widest stereo spread. summing to mono (if at all) takes place way lower.
rock beyond believe
d-rokc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by d-rokc »

hm, i may not know how to quote, but hey - you cant know everything right? :lol:
rock beyond believe
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

d-rockc,

even if ami is a bit wrong about the reason why and where bass is beeing monofied, i have to agree that you don't leave a very experienced image round here. at least i don't find too many different explanations for such a konservative and bitter defense of eh beatmatching. to me you appear to just have learned appropriately matching some tracks and feel angry that others can do the same without learning it on the long run.

matching is really an excercise indeed but it's also the very first step towards djing. i may have a different image of what a dj makes, because i have high standards or i'm easily bored. most record spinning honcho's are simply unable to connect to the crowd which is the real deal when presenting other's music in a mix.

since you didn't worship this circumstance with any word i understand others taking you as kind of clueless (so do i).

last not least i still don't get the point because i didn't meet any dj's using ableton in clubs yet. then again they'd have to crack the same nut to convince me.

my moneybag's empty, i hope you're able to bring on something fresh from your position other than simply repeating yourself again and again.

otherwise my last 2 cents so far,
ronny
d-rokc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by d-rokc »

ronny, chill dude.

where exactly in ANY of my posts did i mention ANYTHING about beatmatching?

thats right its all in your head.
rock beyond believe
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

then i don't understand what about spinning vinyls you defend, it's actually the only real difference from playing tracks with (insertwhatevertechniquehere).
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

d-rokc wrote:hm, i may not know how to quote, but hey - you cant know everything right? :lol:
damn straight.

Surprisingly, I cant find any info on the web that supports any particular frequency that records are monoed at, but the 500hz came from a friend that traveled to london to get one of his tracks mastered as well as conversationally with many people that should be in the know. Most simple speakers start to get much more omnidirectional at 500hz (i can provide all the examples you want - researching sound reinforcement speakers is part of my job) - so this would be logical.

Regardless, 500hz is not really bass anyway, but it is not disputed by anyone that the bass is summed to mono on records. Whatever arbitrary frequency it happens to be can be as butchering to the producers original idea as whatever your beef with software effects is.
freeeeeee