1%
Other, please tell us.
5%

Total votes: 172

oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

ewinz wrote:live without vst or samples is useless for producing? his name speack for it, its dedicated for live. Lets open a debate with this sentence haha
no.

http://www.monolake.de/releases/ml-025.html
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

oblioblioblio wrote:
Daemonix wrote:I just wanted to demonstrate that the load balance was not good at all!! :D
if you mean between cores on the processor, I don't think it's possible for the DAW to have much control over this. It's completely dependent on timing as to whther the DAW can put the load onto one processor or another.

With imaging etc software it's not an issue. But obviously with music the DAW isn't gonna be allowed to fck with timing so that it can put processes onto one core or another. It just has to make do with what's there.

That probably makes no sense. That's becuase I only know about half of what I'm talking about... :)
Im disappointed because I had read about Logic's "good" load balance from apple pages...
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

oblioblioblio wrote:
Daemonix wrote: EDIT2: from apple: "If the battery is removed from a MacBook or MacBook Pro, the computer will automatically reduce the processor speed. This prevents the computer from shutting down if it demands more power than the A/C adapter alone can provide."

LOL
That's awful. I think that basically means "we want to be able to sell you another battery sooner rather than later"
+1... that is the point... that is why I now use a mac mini 2ghz and 2g ram and can do more than a macbook (or pro) 2.4g 4g ram.... without the battery on...
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

ewinz wrote:live without vst or samples is useless for producing? his name speack for it, its dedicated for live. Lets open a debate with this sentence haha
Well we are talking about sequencers here, not synths or anything else :)

I use Live, started off with Reason but ended up moving over to Live for the flexibility.

Starting to explore the sequencer on my Machinedrum more and more, it's getting me away from the computer screen...

And unlike a lot of others I'm not moving to/considering moving to Logic, I'd love to try it one day but I'd rather master what I've got first, plus I'm not a huge fan of Apple anyway...

I'd also love to give Renoise a bash sometime but there's only so much free time and I'd rather be making music than learning another new toy...

EDIT: interesting that John Roberts is a Renoise user, I've always thought of it more as something used by IDM/glitchy/minimal sorts more than mellow house but I guess whatever works for you...
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

Daemonix wrote:
oblioblioblio wrote:
Daemonix wrote: EDIT2: from apple: "If the battery is removed from a MacBook or MacBook Pro, the computer will automatically reduce the processor speed. This prevents the computer from shutting down if it demands more power than the A/C adapter alone can provide."

LOL
That's awful. I think that basically means "we want to be able to sell you another battery sooner rather than later"
+1... that is the point... that is why I now use a mac mini 2ghz and 2g ram and can do more than a macbook (or pro) 2.4g 4g ram.... without the battery on...
or you could use thise little program: http://www.coolbook.se/CoolBook.html ...
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

Opuswerk wrote:
have you used it? this is for making the speed Lower... ?!?
I think that software like that cannot make changes above(in speed) and below(in fan spped) the apple "safe" setting hardcoded into the "bios" (not sure what is the correct term for a Mac)

Have you try it?

tasos
dan_g
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dan_g »

Hi,

using Record+Reason Combo. but i must find my way into the new workflow of record. and i need a bigger tft for the new 3 windows ;D

but no complains or problems found regarding Record here

Greets
Dan_g
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Daemonix wrote:
Opuswerk wrote:
have you used it? this is for making the speed Lower... ?!?
I think that software like that cannot make changes above(in speed) and below(in fan spped) the apple "safe" setting hardcoded into the "bios" (not sure what is the correct term for a Mac)

Have you try it?

tasos
I use a program called smcfancontrol, and you can't tweak to less or more than the apple 'safe' settings anyway, so no problems in using such a program.