illegal russian downloadshop again...

- wax
danielf
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

illegal russian downloadshop again...

Post by danielf »

Maybe its not the right section to post this topic, but since it concerns mostly the labels, i thought i'll do it here.

They where already similar russian mp3 stores like this, but most of them concentrated on charts.

Some while ago there was audio1.org aka jetgroove.com a quite well made mp3 store who had a very good catalogue of minimal and techno.
The only problem none of the labels had any contract with the store and the store was selling the mp3s.
At this time i made a small mailout with a modified script wich should bring this website down, by constantly loading images of the website. The script was quite popular and many people left it running in the background with the effect that the the store was getting slower and slower for some days until the shop went offline for a short time. But then they changed the website and the script had no effect anymore.
Nevertheless for some reason after several weeks audio1 was gone and everybody hoped they wouldnt come back again.

i'm not sure if they are the same people now, but i found a similar website now called lavamus.com
i could find the music of most of our artists on the website for ridiculously low prices and i'm sure level records wont be the only label in their catalogue.
If you're running a label yourself just check if they sell your music too.

the whole point is, i even prefer people share our releases p2p (sure i dont like it) than seeing somebody making money with our work.

---
www.level-records.com
www.myspace.com/levelrecordsduesseldorf
www.myspace.com/danielfritschi
Katzenjammer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Katzenjammer »

I stumbled upon this one, www.artdj.ru, the other day. They have my releases on there. I haven't been able to figure out if it's a store or not and I can't access most sections. I get a access denied, bla bla in Russian. I presume it says something about my country not being allowed access.This was the case with one of the other mp3 shops that popped up some time ago. Their way of trying to keep non wanted snoopers out I guess.

Found my releases on Lavamus, will speak with my labels.
[url=http://partikel.bandcamp.com]Partikel - Ark 1 out now on tape and digital[/url]
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

you shut down one and ten more will pop up in its place. I'm afraid there isn't a whole lot that can be done. And unless you're a bigger artist or label like M_Nus, Cocoon, etc. it's probably not worth going after them in the event they may have made 20 euros off of you. Sad but true. :(
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

unbelievable :shock:
Katzenjammer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Katzenjammer »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:you shut down one and ten more will pop up in its place. I'm afraid there isn't a whole lot that can be done. And unless you're a bigger artist or label like M_Nus, Cocoon, etc. it's probably not worth going after them in the event they may have made 20 euros off of you. Sad but true. :(
I know, but better to know than not right?

I don't let it bother me. Life goes on.
[url=http://partikel.bandcamp.com]Partikel - Ark 1 out now on tape and digital[/url]
dou
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dou »

imho if ppl are THAT dumb to buy your music from some russian site then let them do so
also i'd like to say that i was dissapointed that monolake brought up an issue like that way back. artists like him usually dont bother
the "minimal" trend has maximised
danielf
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by danielf »

i'd like to say that i was dissapointed that monolake brought up an issue like that way back. artists like him usually dont bother
You think cool artists dont bother, or its uncool to bother?

I disagree.
First of all, there are enough people who think labels are rich and exploit the artists and therefore they want to punish labels by using p2p or they dont care to buy at illegal mp3-store. I already had enough discussions with people like that.
Sure everybody who is a little closer to labels in the minimal field for example, know thats things are different than with the mayors here.
But maybe you have to run a label yourself to fully understand that you WILL bother when you have so many expenses for pressing vinyl and most of the time you earn a ridiculously low amount of money considering all the work, or even worse, you can't cover the pressing.
Then some dumbasses show up and start to make money with your music...
Sure especially small labels can't change the fact that these people sell your music and you can try to ignore it, but its for sure really annoying.

by the way, the script monolake was speaking about was the one i did...

---
www.level-records.com
www.myspace.com/levelrecordsduesseldorf
www.myspace.com/danielfritschi
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

danielf wrote:
i'd like to say that i was dissapointed that monolake brought up an issue like that way back. artists like him usually dont bother
You think cool artists dont bother, or its uncool to bother?

I disagree.
First of all, there are enough people who think labels are rich and exploit the artists and therefore they want to punish labels by using p2p or they dont care to buy at illegal mp3-store. I already had enough discussions with people like that.
Sure everybody who is a little closer to labels in the minimal field for example, know thats things are different than with the mayors here.
But maybe you have to run a label yourself to fully understand that you WILL bother when you have so many expenses for pressing vinyl and most of the time you earn a ridiculously low amount of money considering all the work, or even worse, you can't cover the pressing.
Then some dumbasses show up and start to make money with your music...
Sure especially small labels can't change the fact that these people sell your music and you can try to ignore it, but its for sure really annoying.
i really like you :D