[FRANKIE REC 018] Massi DL - 1UP EP

- wax
frisfris
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[FRANKIE REC 018] Massi DL - 1UP EP

Post by frisfris »

PRESS INFO:
We’re very happy to welcome on this 18th release one of the youngest hot producer of the moment MASSI DL as yes at only 18 years old (!!) he proposes here 3 impressive original tracks with a mix of funky modern techno and a weird part of house…straight to the label profile for sure!We start with A1 Minimal mushroooms which is a brilliant funky minimal techno track where unpredictable structure and incisive dry roll drums combined with a groovy effective bassline give an irresistible jack’in feeling…speed, heady & unexpected… a concentrate of pure energy! Boiling!A2 is the remix from Alexi Delano & Xpansul (plus 8 records) who keeps the housey groovy side of the original and turns it into a monster tech house mix using brilliant melodic arrrangement and a massive basseline…wow !We continue with the b side on the flip the B1 Spa del sa as typical Massi style takes minimum sounds and fx to give here an original sweet syncopated melodic which is definitely enough to contaminate the dancefloor and last but not least the B2 Barbabietola e Spinas is simply a real killer funky techno track for us as 1st time we listened to it the bassline melody was enough to think the great potential of this track…just ask to Troy Pierce, Mike Shannon, Paco Osuna…what more :don’t miss it!that’s it!

Tracks: Click on tracks names to listen!!
A1-Minimal Mushroooms
A2-Minimal Mushroooms(Alexi Delano & Xpansul rmx)
B1-Spa Del Sa
B2-Barbabietola e Spinas

DJS FEEDBACKS:

Mike Shannon (Cynosure) : Great EP man! I'm really into B2 though... I guess you took the save the best for last approach cause that track is what it's all about! Can't wait to play the hell out of this! Keep'em coming!

Magda(m-nus) : Dope ! play A1 minimal mushroooms, awesome track!... video - Minimal mushrooms track played by Magda @ Amore Rome, december 31st 2006 ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJZTT9gsPiQ

Someone Else(Foundsound) : Massi DL is a new young guy to watch out for. His stripped-down minimal sht is super-heady and perfect for the dance floor. And even a faint hint of the old Naples techno style creeps its way through the tracks from time to time.

Paco Osuna (Mindshake rec., Plus 8 records):really good EP will play it sure!...definitely into the B2 track the most &... chart it !

Troy Pierce(m-nus):Spa del Sa track played @ radio 1zu1 germany 04.07.2006, Minimal Mushroooms(Alexi Delano & Xpansul rmx) played @ @ Office TBILISI 16-12-06.

Matt Tolfrey (Leftroom,Crosstown Rebels):Massi is one of my tips for the future, and he doesn’t disappoint here. Minimal Mushroooms original and remix does it for me. You will be hearing a lot more from this kid…

MarcAshken (Leftroom) : All round solid ep, spa del sa will get the most plays from me, great little groover, best work yet from massi dl

Daniel (lomidHighLTD):Massi DL is the new kid on the block. On this ep he brings some great clubby tracks that will work the floor nicely.
I´m very much into the "Spa Del Sa" track (on a2)+ the remix by Delano & Xpansul(on b1) - 1 up Massi!

Davide Squillace (Minisketch,Resopal): all tracks are nice,cutting edge editing and incisive cuts.
i'll definitly be playing the rmx.

Xpansul (Plus8,Leftroom):When I first listened to Minimal Mushrooms I thought I definitely wanted to remix that track, so jumpy and direct, perfect to rock the place apart. Barbietola E Spinas is another bomb in my opinion and Spa Del Sa is the kind of crazy hypnotic percussive track that I love. Watch out for this guy cause we are all gonna learn a lot from him

Mark Henning (Clever Music,Einmaleins): what a fantastic ep! my favourites are B1 and B2 - i will play these a lot. massi has got a very promising future ahead of him! 9/10

Duoteque (Boxer Sport,Leftroom): Very good e.p. i like so much and i'll play it for sure, my favourite is "Spa del Sa", and "Minimal Mushroooms" i think is perfect for the dancefloor!

Skoozbot(M-nus, Mindshake):From the insanity of Minimal Mushrooms all the way to my favorite Barbabietola e Spinas, this is a super solid release from Massi DL, one of the big names to watch for in 2007!

Pheek(Archipel): Cool record overall, I can never expect less from frankie! Very funky and will certainly play the tracks Spa del sa and Minimal Mushroom. I wasn't too much into the Minus kinda shuffling bleeps and bloops but it will certainly make any dancefloor better!

Gaetano Parisio(southsoul): 1UP is a dope ep 4 my sets...definetly in my box...all 4 track are 100% pure and fat groove 4 all the dancefloors...AAA+!

Yossi Amoyal (Sushitech):Solid EP like all the other releases on this label, I feel the remix Alexi and Xpansul did the most, will play it for sure!

Ralph Kollmann(Mobilee): There is a section in my record bag where the new frankie from Massi DL fits perfectly! I like A1 and also the remix of AlexiDelano&Xpansul but i think my favourite is the groovy "SpaDelSa"!

Danilo Vigorito(Intelligence,Orion Muzik):good ep! i like all the tracks, i will play A1 and A2 for sure. these tracks are the nearest ones to my style!

Rino Cerrone(Rilis Rec):just received! congrats! amazing..! thanx

Carola Pisaturo(Titbit,Claque musique):another lovely release from frankie! both sides are solid and functional, genuinely beautiful music, will play spa del sa! massi dl is surely one the most promising talent around, FORZA NAPOLI!

Anja Schneider(Mobilee):Playlist - Saturday, 06.01.2007 - 22.00-01.00 with "Massi DL / Minimal Mushrooms - Alexi Delano & Xpansul Mix / Frankie"
Last edited by frisfris on Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:20 am, edited 8 times in total.
dzan
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dzan »

curious about it :)
momo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by momo »

woooohoooo this is a one hell of a release... :shock:

i like all the tracks especially minimal mushrooms & spa del sa!

massimo i think that 2007 will definitely be your year mate! can't wait for some new stuff on leftroom from u mate. cheers and all the best :!: ciao 8)
.:macedonian mnml underground:.
makka
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by makka »

ME GUSTA!!!

This record is soooo siiick, defo one for the collection!! :D

congrats Massi
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

already tested A1 & B2...incredible effects on the dancefloor...a must to have...as Decks says...BUY OR DIEEE!!! (-)
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

gosh, this is top sh!t. very tight basslines. 8)
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

Skoozbot on mindshake ?? :D

Im looking forward to hearing the delano remix of this. Think I know which track it is but not sure
ECATE
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ECATE »

Cheers for Massi, very good work :D