Dynastic - Trekhaak

- music
dynastic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Dynastic - Trekhaak

Post by dynastic »

Finally a new minimaltrack :). Tried to keep it really minimalistic this time.

http://download.yousendit.com/8080E28D19DD6DC3
japatap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by japatap »

i like the vibe of the track... but its a bit empty. maybe you wanted like that but i would put some litle things in....
fl0w
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fl0w »

The first half is "light", no bass, some clear samples floating around... It's an OK choice for me. Dancers have the right for a little rest here or there ;) The feeling is positive but not cheesy. Well done and promising.

The "bass" synth that comes in the second half is nice too... but it's not really a bass. There is a time when you have to raise the pressure! The consequence is that the second part is a bit deceiving and boring. Make my bones quiver!

Overall, the mix is a bit unbalanced, there's really no bass :-/ The "snare" is probably too strong too, even in the first part where it's OK if beats 1 and 3 are "unaccented" (I hope you understand what I mean). You should really add a deep bassline in the second half...

So to me, "Trekhaak" is not finished yet, you should make the second part more intense.

Just curious, which speakers do you use?
:.: : :: : :.: .:. :.
dynastic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dynastic »

Thx for the comments.
After listening to it for a couple of times i found out its too boring aswell... I only put 2 hours of effort in this one.. so im just gonna work some more on it :)

I'm using some logitec speakers now.. but my Alessis active mk2's will be arriving this week finally :D.