follow this link:

http://download.yousendit.com/E972E3B610D30FC9

and you'll get to check out "Sexual Predator" as it currently sounds

various other selections from my catalog can be heard at
www.myspace.com/digitalrecluse

always techno, always sounding like the inside of my skull/soul

feedback is appreciated fully

thanks
Last edited by mattdubois on Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
credit_agro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by credit_agro »

Last edited by credit_agro on Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
credit_agro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by credit_agro »

Last edited by credit_agro on Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattdubois
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mattdubois »

any specifics, or just the general dis? None of it is minimal, but beyond that...? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so I'll keep on keepin' on regardless....actually going to go work on some more shite right now
credit_agro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by credit_agro »

mattdubois wrote:any specifics, or just the general dis? None of it is minimal, but beyond that...? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so I'll keep on keepin' on regardless....actually going to go work on some more shite right now
Hi,
I was actually quite drunk last night when I wrote that. Ill listen to them again today and try to give some feedback.
credit_agro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by credit_agro »

On insomnia now the percussion is driving. Try changing that horn sound to something more driving and sharp to match the style of the percussion. Take out that extra kick drum in the beginning and let the track breathe. Also, define the percussion more, give the kick drum its own space and the snare. Are there any snare drums in there? Also, take out that kind of watery, sloshy effect, theres too much going on. Overall, you mixed the track down into a black hole. Theres no contrast going on there at all. Its dull and lifeless. Maybe if it was mixed down better, it could sound ok, who knows?!

Sorry for being an asshole last night.
mattdubois
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mattdubois »

thank you for the feedback! I have always wished I was more minimal...I try, but always end up with too much and then try to go back and remove but know that there is always more that can be taken out....thanks again for the suggestions....

actually, "In Somnia Now" was released on some little compilation a few years back that included Steve Stoll and a bunch of nobodies like me, so it might be something I just retire as "early work" that could have been more....
credit_agro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by credit_agro »

mattdubois wrote:thank you for the feedback! I have always wished I was more minimal...I try, but always end up with too much and then try to go back and remove but know that there is always more that can be taken out....thanks again for the suggestions....

actually, "In Somnia Now" was released on some little compilation a few years back that included Steve Stoll and a bunch of nobodies like me, so it might be something I just retire as "early work" that could have been more....
Ok, but all your tracks seem to suffer the same problems. Most notably too much going on.