TuneCore

- open
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

TuneCore

Post by Sneaky »

Well I was browsing thru one of the monthly music gear magazines and came across http://www.tunecore.com/

So basically you pay lil bit to get your music released and not have to worry about pleasing some label ego or whatever... I think its a neat idea, obviously there is draw backs to everything i.e. not having the affiliation with said big name label, however if you are just starting out and are a good networker - this is pretty cheap and may open more doors for you at a cheaper price then buying a crap ton of cds to send out to labels and hope they hear your stuff... so yeah just throwing this out there, looked interesting to me, and I have no affiliation what so ever with this - so you decide...
Andalusia
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

TuneCore

Post by Andalusia »

Nice post. I put my album up a year ago with TuneCore and have had nothing but an awesome experience. True you don't get the big label name recognition but I think it's better, no baggage. my band is indie so I like that we did it all ourselves and it was so cheap.

anyway, thanks for writing it, you should check it out if you haven't. the cool thing is you can cancel anytime, unlike all the other places.

:roll:
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

looks like a good idea, but there's probably a catch about it.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Andalusia
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

tunecore

Post by Andalusia »

i can honestly say there isn't, i've gotten paid on time monthly and I even mispelled something, like a dope, and they fixed it for me right away.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

great, I'll make some white noise songs and see if it sells. What a great place to experiment with people's minds.
taylorcs
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

TuneCore

Post by taylorcs »

Hey all,

This is Taylor from TuneCore; thanks for posting and for the kind words - I just wanted to let you know that I'm here to answer any questions you may have about our service. At TuneCore we truly want to be involved in the discussions surrounding us and the rest of the music industry so we can be connected to our customers as best as possible. Feel free to air out your thoughts - I'd love to hear what you guys are thinking.

TuneCore - your music to the world.

-Taylor
Last edited by taylorcs on Thu May 24, 2007 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

why does this feel like a scam?
signatures suck
taylorcs
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by taylorcs »

People usually think that we are scam because it seems too good to be true! For over 100 years the music industry has been solely focused on taking the rights to artist's creations and then exploiting those rights for profit. TuneCore has completely changed the music industry business model, instead of dictating an artist's career and the use of their music we work for artists as a service to get their music to the world; on their terms.