[MINUS054] GAISER - EYE CONTACT

- wax
soohy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[MINUS054] GAISER - EYE CONTACT

Post by soohy »

Now it´s Gaiser´s turn: Digital pre-release of WITHDRAWAL via beatport.com and m-nus.com on the 20.09.2007!

MINUS just announced two special digital pre-releases: MARC HOULE’s tongue in cheek “TECHNO VOCALS” and GAISER’s summerhit “WITHDRAWAL”, from the forthcoming EP “EYE CONTACT”.

Gaiser hits the floor running with another collection of heavy duty tunes, picking up exactly where he left off on last year’s awesome Neural Block EP. Of course since then there’s been the collaboration with Heartthrob on Nasty Girl with its inspirational fusion of twisted vocals and block rockin’ techno, so needless to say this six track double vinyl edition (plus a bonus digital track) will be like manna from heaven to devotees of his unmistakeable sound. Striking the perfect balance between the romantic and the classic, Gaiser’s music stimulates the head and heart in equal measures. First and foremost it’s all about the rhythm patterns - tough, uncompromising minimal grooves earthed by ass–shaking bass lines and mercurial percussion sequences that gel together with uncanny precision. Add to that the trademark atmospherics, unique peripheral efx and the occasional warped melody or vox and you have a highly potent concoction. Tracks like Eye Contact or Wet Contents will quite simply blow the dance floor away. The first, with its sparse, patient build up, infectious snare fills and subtle synth patterns that seem to bob and weave through the beats, culminating in a ghostly howl. The second with its freaky, time stretched vocal line that ebbs and flows behind the pounding groove. This cut up vocal theme is continued on tracks like Chlorine in combination with its hollow, resonating delays and sliding bass riff, Withdrawal and Apology (digital only) adding an extra dimension to their eerie, cavernous soundscapes. The remaining cuts - Sightblotch with its belching rubber bass line, ice-cool hihats and 60’s sci-fi fx and the tense, percussive workout of Out of Sort - round off this superlative collection of laid back techno excursions without dropping a beat.

GAISER | EYE CONTACT / M54
Format: 2x12”, MP3, WAV
Distribution: MDM / Neuton / Beatport / M-nus.com
Digital Release Date: OCTOBER 19, 2007
Vinyl Release Date: OCTOBER 12, 2007

Track Listing:
A1 - Eye Contact
B1 - Chlorine
B2 - Sightblotch
C1 - Wet Contents
D1 - Out of Sort
D2 - Withdrawal
Digital Bonus Track: Apology

info from: www.berlinista.com

pre-listen: here
bum-tak
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bum-tak »

damn no posts to this thread so far??!! :shock:

please guys start the "minus-thread-nonsense" while im getting the popcorn

:lol:
Dàsz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dàsz »

Best m_nus artist!! :D
A-Dreamer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by A-Dreamer »

i just got some samples and although the quality is very low, i can say the tracks are really good. same gasier sound, but something new. lot of what's on the release is in the man's live performances, so if you like gaiser's lives as much as i do, you'll love all 7 tracks
mindful matters
soundcloud.com/son-der
spudgun
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by spudgun »

sweet album! gaiser rocks!
the hairy brain
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by the hairy brain »

Sounds excellent.

Can't wait to get my hands on withdrawl.

8)
The_Glass_Olive
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The_Glass_Olive »

Top level production... very samey but that is it's essence.

This music literally has no soul and I love it.
Rosscoah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rosscoah »

The_Glass_Olive wrote:This music literally has no soul and I love it.
:lol:

Quality statement!! :D