Is there a Software to detect pitch \ bpm CHANGES in mp3's??

- ask away
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Is there a Software to detect pitch \ bpm CHANGES in mp3's??

Post by 212121 »

Some of the mp3's I got from the internet (beatport or net labels) have bpms changes :( the track starts at 128bpm but the pitch changes and some get faster or slower, right now the only way i have to detect this is playing the same track or another with the same bpm in a sofware player (I use Serato Scratch Live) and see if they get off-beat after some time

Is there any easy way to detect this?
dzan
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dzan »

you shouldn't bank on the bpm calculation of a software, it's not 100% exact at all.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

no one taught you how to count?
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

this will happen with any types of music...

1. you've got record warping. your serato records arn't as solid as you thought.
2. the sequencer computer timing might be a little off.
3. during the mastering process they may have brought it on tape.

your solution is either to beat map these things in tracktor or ableton or just get used to it like everybody else.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

from the very beginning of my djing career (how-ever shortlived) i was under the impression being able to count bpm was essential...practically the most essential tool to djing...
dzan
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dzan »

livecollective wrote:from the very beginning of my djing career (how-ever shortlived) i was under the impression being able to count bpm was essential...practically the most essential tool to djing...
absolute nonsense.
SpacyX
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by SpacyX »

dzan wrote:
livecollective wrote:from the very beginning of my djing career (how-ever shortlived) i was under the impression being able to count bpm was essential...practically the most essential tool to djing...
absolute nonsense.
Offcourse the music is the most essential to djing, but if it isnt matched to the next track itl be a huge turn down for me though !
motf_118
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by motf_118 »

SpacyX wrote:
dzan wrote:
absolute nonsense.
Offcourse the music is the most essential to djing, but if it isnt matched to the next track itl be a huge turn down for me though !
dont think he was talking about beatmatching.