Drums

- ask away
Roqqert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Drums

Post by Roqqert »

i'm not really familiar with minimal but i really want to know where you got the glitchy sounds from and where do you find the monsterous clean drumkicks.. ! i got some maps but thats not really that much. I dont wanna make lots of tracks with the same kind of kickdrum you know what i mean...

so could anybody help me out ?? advice me some drumsamplepacks to buy or something ?
eryx666
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eryx666 »

make your own drums
theory
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theory »

8)
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Vengeance Essential Minimal Drums.

D16 Nepheton

Drumazon

A microphone to record me farting then later fck around with the sample and make a kick that makes everyone fart and sh!t their pants.

Reaktor 5

D16 Drumazon

Native Instruments Synthetic Drums.

(check out how symmetrical my reply is!) :lol:
wtf
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wtf »

eryx666 wrote:make your own drums
why???
Recording quality drum samples can be fairly difficult and is possibly outside of the scope of most people's studios/knowledge (most people on this board). There's nothing wrong with wanting professional drum sounds instead of crappy ones you made yourself (ie: he's asking about "monsterous clean drumkicks" and I'd say there's maybe a handful of people on this board who would even know where to begin with that if you like the sound of acoustic drums).
the goal shouldn't be to be an expert at every single aspect of studio technology. It's just to have fun making music. you learn enough to get by - pick your battles - or more if you care. I, for one, could not care less about learning how to record a powerful kick drum. No offense to drum mic-ing enthusiasts, it's just that I have enough kick drum samples to get me by for the rest of my life.
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Drums

Post by aallvor »

Roqqert wrote:so could anybody help me out ?? advice me some drumsamplepacks to buy or something ?
Give up now, they'll never tell you.
eryx666
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eryx666 »

+1 4 you wtf!
that's your way :) 4 me kick is very important, and should be made by myslef, i've better control of it when i made it from scratch, it's not like changing the lenght of kick with batterry or something.
and i've my own library of kicks :) ... so i can use "samples" as well :lol:

ps. kick should be analog. amen
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Drums

Post by New Guy »

aallvor wrote:
Roqqert wrote:so could anybody help me out ?? advice me some drumsamplepacks to buy or something ?
Give up now, they'll never tell you.
Never give up, drink 7UP!