Hi everyone and a very happy new year

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
Krul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Hi everyone and a very happy new year

Post by Krul »

(Oh boy, I suck so hard at introductions.)

Well, first things first, my name is Bart, I'm 20 years old, and I'm from the lovely little town of Bruges in Belgium.
I've been lurking on this forum for quite a while now, and I never really had the guts to get posting because there are alot of dj's on this forum which I really look up to. But on this first day of the new year I've finally decided to get active in this community for two reasons.

First and foremost because I've finally saved enough money to get myself some (relatively cheap) gear. I'm not sure yet which mixer I'm gonna buy, but I hope to get some advice on that here :).

Second, because I'm pissed off. Yesterday I wanted to celebrate the New Year in style and paid 20€ for a party with my mates. I wasn't expecting much, but still, one of the names of the night was a certain capt luke, one half of the belgian elektro duo shameboy. Now I've seen shameboy live @ pukkelpop two years ago, and they were very good, so even though I'm not really into elektro anymore I said to myself that this guy would probably know his sh!t and play some classics.
I was very wrong.
Throughout the night I heard the boys noize remix of "my moon my man" FIVE times(!), and "fun fun fun" by dada life 3 times. By 3am I was inclined to think that there was only one bag of vinyl at the party consisting of 30 tracks or something.
Now all of this can be forgiven with enough alcohol and a certain masochistic sense of humor.
One thing can't though. Which is that the dj forgot. to. count. down. (yea... go figure...)

I'm so sick of all these mediocre partys in my city, last month I went to "Bangers" another elektro themed party (it's the only thing we seem to know here), where the subs spinned for a room full of teens with no knowledge about electronic music whatsoever, while Johnny Daminato was spinning a sublime set of chicago house in one of the smaller rooms. I really felt sorry for the guy because his set was so good and he should've been the one standing in the big room in front of a 1000 ecstatic teen girls.
The scene here in Bruges sucks hard. So if psytox, or any other belgian dj is reading this PLEASE COME TO OUR TOWN MORE OFTEN! I don't wanna pay 15 euros for a train ticket and another 10 euros for an entrance ticket to the Fuse.

God, I've been ranting for a while now, If you're still reading this, thank you. I'll wrap things up.

I've learned a lot about music since I joined this forum, and I hope to learn even more now that I'ill finally be able to spin my collection of vinyls. A very happy new year to you all, may you (re)discover love, life and a lot wonderful tunes in 2008.